Shades Of Grey

Shades Of Grey

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

No description needed

"
I am a halfbreed
man and ghostly being
Appearing alive
but traveling in the world of the dead

As thousands of unheard voices
scream Help Me
Filling my dreams
with horrifying and haunting scenes
Things I wish I had never seen

Is this a blessing or a curse
That is yet to be seen

This world is not black and white
as I know
I dwell in lonely shades of gray
That place between what is seen
and those things that fill your dreams

As I wonder why me
I lack what others call
Traditional faith
Believing in destiny and fate

But yet night after night
day after day
I am plagued
Seeing ghostly things

So you can call me a freak
Even a liar if you choose
but this is my cross to bear
I wouldn�t wish this on any of you

Photobucket

© 2008 Robert Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a seriously introspective work. Your sense of expression is always dynamic. I am tired, so articulation for me is at a minimum, but I wanted to say that I relate to much of what you wrote about yourself... although I stopped asking why a long time ago. Thank you for these thoughts. Something to meditate on.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You always seem to say everything with strength and style. You certainly didn't disappoint here. Great write as always, Robert.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem is truly breathtaking. My god, it makes me feel so different inside. I can feel the pain of this man and feel his burden. It's like he's being pulled left from right and can't escape from this twisted nightmare that we call life. How true it is to be stuck in between two worlds. People just don't understand. And the picture u used is magnificent. both of them are, I love the light gleaming down on this area, so beautiful. This is going to my favorites.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i am a half breed too,it leaves me in a state of who am i .and were did i come from? and why am i even here? but i know that there is somthing great just waiting for me over here,i am a breed of my own,and it's really starting to show. great work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very haunting piece... sounds like someone stuck between the worlds with some un finished business... one again your vivid descriptions brought the charter to life, so to speak :-) Another great poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This flowed so perfectly and the level of expressing an openness to your soul it would seem. I really liked this and it explains so much about you and your writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting with a wonderful flow of language. Makes me wonder what it really is that you see. The subject is certainly intriguing. I suppose when I find myself enjoying a poem like this one, or even a story, or any form of writing, that the subject matter isn't as important as how well it is expressed, whatever it may contain. The subject in this poem however has grasped something inside of me. I know people are faced with things they can make little sense of and I have no idea what it is exactly that you see, however wonderfully expressed herein. I can say I'm interested in how certain minds tick in particular, and for that you've gotten my attention. This was a very fine expression, stranger. A beautiful write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I dwell in lonely shades of gray
That place between what is seen
and those things that fill your dreams...

Lonely shade of gray. What an excellent way to put that into words. I understand that lonely. I wouldn't wish it on any one - either.

Robert - this is an excellent, descriptive, introspective -and haunting piece that I will think about for a long time. 100%


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To be so empathetic can be a curse. To feel other's pain .. i have felt it and i feel it and it affects me too much ... be they happy or sad... i just don't know how to help them .. this has great lines and it is a wonderful poem though a hard cross to bear at times.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To be so empathetic that a stranger's woes become our own, is in fact a tough cross to bare, however, I think you were chosen to be like this because you can truly make a difference in this world. God doesn't give us gifts to be wasted...and you, my friend, don't waste a thing. Great, great write :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, Robert. You never cease to amaze me, I swear you seem to be creating better and better pieces. No wonder why you are one of the best on Writerscafe. No doubt about it.


Excellent write.
Rayne

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1239 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on March 17, 2008

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..