The Girl in the Black Dress

The Girl in the Black Dress

A Story by Jeff

The Girl in the Black Dress

            I saw her walk in and take a seat at the bar with her friend.  Her short blonde hair somewhat pulled back behind her ears.  She smiles as the bartender hands her a drink in a martini glass.  Even from a distance I can see her glossy pink lips on the rim of the glass.  I wonder what it would be like to kiss those lips.  

            I slowly sip my drink, trying to work up the courage to introduce myself to the beautiful blonde at the bar in the long black dress with a slit up the side of her leg.  I don’t want to interrupt her night out with her friend, but I have a desire to get to know her.  

            Maybe I could kiss her under the streetlights and make her my queen?  

            Maybe I could show her what makes me free?  Because in my mind, it’s only me and I would love to share it with someone.  

            We could drive out into the country down some dirt road past the cornfields and the old farm buildings.  We could sit on the hood of my car, staring up into the night sky, while I tell you all my best kept secrets.  As the sun rises on the horizon, we could lay together in a peaceful embrace.

            For now, that’s just a fantasy as you sit at the bar enjoying drinks with your friend.  Your smile makes me want to buy you flowers.  If I could meet your parents, I’d thank them for making a beautiful daughter.  If only I could summon the courage to introduce myself to you and have that smile turned my way.

            You stand-up from your barstool, making your way towards my general direction.  I do my best not to stare as I don’t want to be a creep, but your hips sway as you get closer to me.  I can’t help but notice them through your black dress.     

As you pass me by, I smell your perfume, sweet and heavenly.  I figure it’s now or never, because I don’t want to fall in love as you’re walking away.

            “Excuse me, miss, but do you have a second for a conversation?”  I say to her as she smiles.  

            “It’s about time you said something.”  She says with an ear-to-ear smile that forces me to not thank the Gods for a woman like her.

© 2022 Jeff


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on December 11, 2022
Last Updated on December 11, 2022

Author

Jeff
Jeff

Ankeny, IA



About
I'm old and I'm the most awesome person ever! I'm not serious at all about that. I got married last year to a wonderful woman who is the most beautiful woman in the world. I'm also very big into.. more..

Writing
Red Stone Red Stone

A Story by Jeff


Out Run Them Out Run Them

A Poem by Jeff


Save Us Save Us

A Poem by Jeff