Forgotten corridors

Forgotten corridors

A Story by Misty_Prophet
"

'Where is the exit? ' She kept thinking. There were no doors to the other side, in the place she is awaken. If only she could get out, until... Until HE gets her!

"
- Are you scared? 
Sound was coming from all around her.
- Yes! I'm scared...
Tears were pouring down her face, and she kept wiping them with anger. Her backs were leaned onto the cold and wet wall. Air was moist and thick, so it seemed as she was underground somewhere. In a complete dark, she could't see a finger in front of her face, and it scared the hell out of her. 
- What do you want?
- I want you to open the doors. - Voice was calm, and really deep. It was a man's voice.
Instinctively, she turned around. But she didn't see anything, nor the door. She slowly stood up, with her knees twitching, and hands shaking. A drop of something hit her in the head. Chills crept up her back as she was thinking what could it be. something inside her was screaming: Blood...
- I want you to find the doors and open them.
She was still holding onto the wall, so she figured if she followed it, it will eventually lead her to a door. What was this freak wanting from her? It felt so cold in the dungeon, and her hair was getting wet. Numbness took over her toes, as she only wore Converse sneakers. Black of course. She couldn't wear anything but black. Her mom was always fighting with her on that topic. She could never forget the look on her mothers face when she dyed her hair black. It was the face of the century! She would give anything just to see her again. To hug her. It's been a long time she did that. She probably doesn't know how much she loves her. Just one hug...

Her hand felt a wooden surface. There was a glimpse of hope in her mind. Straight away she looked for a doorknob. And there it was. What's on the other side? Please let there be light...
She opened the door and there really was light. It blinded her for a few minutes, because it was really strong. Her eyes hurt and she tumbled to the ground with hands covering her eyes. Slowly she started to open them. Eventually the feeling passed and she could look around herself. Everything was bright and it seemed as if there were no walls. Just white space all around her. And a mirror in the middle of the room. 
- Is this some kind of a sick game? Tell me what you want from me! - She screamed. 
- Tracey, I want you to come up to the mirror.
Mad because her method of looking brave had no effect on a person she can't see, and still shaking from the adrenaline rush, she walked up to the mirror. Confused, she stared at the reflection. The reflection had blonde hair, and no make up. It was wearing a white dress, something she would never wear, not even in her sleep. As her look wandered the reflection it fell onto her own cloths. She was still in black T-shirt with a skull on it, and skinny black jeans. So, why is the reflection all dressed up in white? 
She walked over on the other side of the mirror, and there it was. The real her. With black eyeliner smeared around her eyes. As she looked into the familiar reflection, she got even more upset. Everyone thought of her as a goth b***h and no one ever wanted to hang out with her. She hated the whole world! Her fist went straight to the mirror, but instead of a shattering sound, there was nothing. Glass didn't broke. As she tried to smash it again, she noticed her hand went inside of the mirror. How could it be? There it was, her hand all up to the elbow, was missing, inside of the mirror. Could she enter? 

On the other side, there was a small hospital room. A man was lying in bed. She immediately recognized him, and ran towards the bed.
- Dad!
He slowly opened his eyes, and it hurt her to see him in this condition.
- Tracey? Is it really you?
- Yes dad, it's me... - Somehow she managed to say it through the tears.
- Why are you crying? Honey... 
- It's been so long since I saw you... I never got the chance to say goodbye.
- Oh my dear Tracey... My love... It's OK. Don't resent yourself because of that. - A cough caught him, and when he put away his hand, Tracey noticed blood on his palm, but she decided to pretend she didn't see it. - I know how much you love me...
- Dad, I do... I don't want you to go again, ever!
- Darling, you know that I have to... I have to go. Trust me, I will always be with you, inside your heart.
- Dad, I'm so sorry...
- There is nothing to be sorry about. Go, live your life, and know that I'll always be there when you need me. - His eyes closed, but she could still hear him breathing. Barely.
- Dad!
- It's OK... Say your mom, I miss her.
- Dad, don't leave me! Dad! - She nudged his dead body, hoping he will come back. But, he didn't. Her head fell onto the pillow, as she tried to repress her moans of grief. At last she got her goodbye. No one let her do that, because she was only ten years old, when he died. Like she didn't love him as much as the other member of the family. She lifted her head, and opened her eyes, just to find herself in a hallway. On both sides, there were doors, thousands of them, as much as her eyes can see. Again, she felt the same fear as she did in the dungeon. He was here again. He, the man who owned the scary voice. She felt him. She must escape!

Nervously she opened the door on her left, just to see herself, a small girl riding a bike. She was only five, and dad was pushing her from behind. 
- Promise not to let go? 
- I promise. - He said. 
It was a memory. She closed the door, and opened the next one. She was seven and making brownies with mom in the kitchen. She couldn't reach the counter, so she was standing on a small chair, mixing the ingredients in a bowl. There was flour all over the place, but she and mom were laughing. It was fun.... Sadly, she closed it, and started to run through the hallway.
- Stop! - She trembled when she heard his voice. - You will now open the door on your right side and you will get inside.
She listened, knowing that there's no way of getting out of this place. She was scared of going through the door, because it was dark.
- Don't be afraid. Soon, it will all be finished...
You will kill me? Is that the big finale? Every cell of her being was against her act of going into the dark room. She wanted to stay here, with her dad.... Once inside, the door behind her slammed shut, and she couldn't find them anymore. Panic was raising in her head, when she heard the voice again.
- You will awake in three, two, one...
Before she realized, she found herself, lying on a sofa. In a chair, besides her, there was a man sitting. He had a pen and a notebook. When she looked him into the eyes, he pushed the glasses further up the bridge of his nose, and then slightly coughed. He smiled, satisfied.
- I think we're done here, don't you?

© 2011 Misty_Prophet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Truly mysterious...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This story had me on the edege of my seat, surprise ending for sure. Awesome job!
100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 2, 2011
Last Updated on November 3, 2011
Tags: death, memories, run, mystery, cold, dungeon, trapped, scared, fear

Author

Misty_Prophet
Misty_Prophet

Serbia



About
Hi, call me Jay :D I'm an uprising writer from Serbia and my favorite genre is thriller/horror. My favorite writer is Carlos Ruiz Zafón. Please read something of his, his writing style is am.. more..

Writing