Ok: Here It Is (My opinion)

Ok: Here It Is (My opinion)

A Story by Jenny Davis

There has been a lot of "drama" rolling around this site lately.

 I think it's about time things rise to the surface.

 

I don't like airing dirty laundry, nor do I appreciate gossip,

name calling or being rude. Yet, this is what I have seen here lately.

 

It seems there are a few members here that think it is okay to post naked avatars of themselves or someone else. If this was a sex site then that would be fine. But it isn't. THIS site is for writing, at least that is what I thought.

 

See, there are children on this site...I have seen some as young as 11 and there are NO WARNINGS about these avatars anywhere here. Yes, the parents should be responsible but so should the writers!

 

 

What I find amazing is the fact that when myself and a few others commented in jest about this whole thing, whereas I said "Someone needs to put their shirt back on," I was immediately attacked and called a "myspace w***e" for saying what everyone else was thinking.

 

I think that saying that was rather ironic since that is the very place these people came from.

 

A really close friend of mine got the worst of it though and when I told that person to stop, she blocked me for saying "That is something a kid would say." What would one expect when they act that way?

 

Further, what would one expect when they have a picture of themselves wearing only a bra as their avatar? Did you honestly think no one would comment? Maybe the boys like it and that is wonderful...I mean there is nothing like having the attention from someone solely for your body, right ladies?

 

Ummm...not. See women like me, we like to be valued. We don't want a man to appreciate us only for our looks...and trust me most of us could do it if we wanted to. So the theory of only the old and the ugly are upset about this is a big fat myth.

 

But of course an expected rebuttal.

 

The point is, I don't like nude avatars with my morning coffee. I think it is distasteful and irresponsible. So attack me if you must. But remember, I don't dislike you, I only dislike what you have done here.

 

Who am I to say this? No one really. Yet I am allowed to speak my mind right here in this writing. That is the beauty of a site like this, I am free to voice my opinion about anything and everything. However, I don't attack people on a personal level, again that is my choice.

 

As for the idea of expressing oneself in the name of art? Absolutely, I am all for it! Draw yourself naked and then we have something that's creative, my friend :) 

 

© 2008 Jenny Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found a big pink n****e this morning. And looked quick behind me to make sure there was no one to see. Hazards of peeking in while at work I guess. My daughter occasions the site. We have an agreement that she stays away from any work with the red letter warning at the top. Most people are pretty good at labelling their work.

There are lots of ways to express your sexuality without all that. I think there's a time and a place for it. While I don't think it's my place to ask them to remove it, if you're going to do something to draw attention I think you should be able to handle the comments maturely.

Posted 16 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Completely in agreement. The site has changed somewhat from my last stay and I walked back into some interesting things.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Jenny! I wrote here a long review, and suddently my site disappeared. I guess I have a trojan... however. This was a strong point. I think it is sad that people try to catch attention by addressing someone's sensuality... The matter is here are children and that's a matter of both of parents but alsoo the writers. I won t write a long review now for I lost words. But I liked your emotionaly intelligent text so naturally flown straight into my awareness. Compulsive writing this was...great job dear Jenny. thx for your information about the show tonight. Love lara

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ok I can see your point about a lot of it but at the same time I am big on freedom of speech which you did here and I admire you for putting yourself out there on topic... no you should get attacked for it... yet I don't agree because people have there rights... So though I don't agree I think this piece is gutsy and you made a fine case for your side

All my respect
Dale D

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You're right. Although I'm tempted to post a pic of my b***s to see if it increases my rating :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I so totally agree with everything you've said here - and there is so much I would like to put in this comment box - forget the avatars for a moment - lets talk about some people's profile pages. I really don't need to see actual intercourse when I go to leave a comment or thank you for a review. I do have teenagers in my house that walk by while I'm online. What please tell me, is the point in creating a pornagraphic profile page???? There is only one point for any of it in my opinion. Those phishing for those internet relationships - seeking online what they lack in their life - which is sad really. I happen to know for a fact that a few of those with sexy avatars have other accounts - with other pictures that are supposedly themselves. I wonder which one is actually them, or if any of them are. This is not myspace, eharmony, etc. etc. It is a writers site - and there are children here. Show a little respect and self-restraint. I have more but - been offline for a while and I have a lot of catching up to do lol. A great rant - written honestly and with respect.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Here, here, Jenny! I'm always shocked at what some ppl choose as their avatars ... and sometimes lately, even their sign on name. Why is everything always about inappropriateness and sex? UGH!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yabbut, it'll get deleted. *grin* The next time Charlie does updates. *grin*

Good on you. Are you speaking of our mutual friend? Is that how you found me?

Heather, w***e. Not.
listening to John Lennons "Watchin' the Wheels." *grin* how apt.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this site's gone down the toilet. Keep speaking your mind, Jenny. Maybe if enough of us express our discontent, we can straighten things out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I agree completely with you Jenny.

There is a time and place for everything. My boys come here and I have encouraged them to put up their writings (they are 9 and 15).

Jenny this is well written and you have done a great job expressing your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1600 Views
44 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 21, 2008
Last Updated on February 25, 2008

Author

Jenny Davis
Jenny Davis

NY



About
Next Vent Radio poetry show: Sept. 12th, 9PM EST! Be there or be sorry you weren't...haha ;) Join Group Vent Radio Home Page Check out the show: Latest works that I have read and loved: IMM.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Seed The Seed

A Poem by Dezaraye