Good, Then I Am A Writer

Good, Then I Am A Writer

A Poem by Jenny Davis
"

I wrote this because as a writer, any reaction is better than none.

"

Do the lines I write sometimes
make you shudder
as the winds of truth
blow your reflection
into fragments;


Pieces of your inner workings
exposed
forcing you to look at yourself
in the light of day?


Do my thoughts threaten
your reality
rocking your very core
into realms since
unrecognized;


Like a built-in light
inside
your compact mirror, magnifying
blemishes on your world?


Good, then I am a writer.


 

© 2008 Jenny Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I got to hear you read this live so that makes it even better. I can still hear your voice saying the words. I think this hold so much truth and wisdom in it that it speaks a truth all it's own that no one can deny. You are a bad a*s writer and I will tell that to anyone that dares to ask. Kept up the great work.


Well Done!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Bravo! Yes, a true writer's gift. Reflections within as well as without. Good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I followed along as you read on Blogtalk radio, what a treat for me!

Not only are you a fabulous writer, but you have a beautiful voice, too! This is awesome Jenny.



Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A fine definition of a good writer. Of course you are a step above a good writer... more than a step actually. LOL Really nice poem. Many cheers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Yes, all of this and more .. love this .. i think i have a feeling why you wrote it which is not as important as that you did and so well and for sure, you are a writer!

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

OH I so much love this poem... It left me tingling inside... Do you care if I diplay this on my blog with your credits of course.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

No.
You're much better than 'good'

:-)

And this is a wonderful piece. I enjoyed it very much.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

And yes you are a writer...so many just write words and they are sweet but ultimately they say nothing and everyone who reads them is left with the same feeling as chewing on an old piece of gum. Chewing on reading material that has no depth sadly becomes a habit, then you read something that makes you think or is in your face and its shocking to the system.

There are so many pretty poems that mean nothing beyond a few quick chews...they lack the substance to make the reader want to linger; chew on the thoughts and ideas presented.

Real writing should be like a search light. Some like to close their eyes and remain in the dark because its easy, while others live and write with their eyes open exposing lies and writing about truths. You are such a writer...so when others come to you and are offended it is because you have done a good job. Your writing isn't like an old piece of chewing gum that sooner or later will be spit out and forgotten. You dare to make people think about whatever you chose to write. That takes strength and courage.



Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

This is really an inspiring work, and after the last part of February, I need inspirations!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Yes my friend you are indeed a writer, wonderful work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This is very good, Jenny. It shows that you truly are a writer. I noticed one little thing, though.

make you shutter ===>> Do you mean "shudder" here? That's the impression I'm getting.

Nice write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1568 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 6, 2008
Last Updated on March 6, 2008

Author

Jenny Davis
Jenny Davis

NY



About
Next Vent Radio poetry show: Sept. 12th, 9PM EST! Be there or be sorry you weren't...haha ;) Join Group Vent Radio Home Page Check out the show: Latest works that I have read and loved: IMM.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain