Diminished Life

Diminished Life

A Poem by Jeremiahh

It’s like waking up and remembering the wrong life;

such a short cheap thrill that as soon as it’s gone leaves you cold and empty.

When you wake up instead you get out of your bed and into your head,

Then you realize you’re alone and you’ve got nothing to show for your lifetime of trying.

 

So now here you sit and you just want to quit and leave it all behind you.

But that voice in your head won’t let you escape in your own fantasy of pleasure.

Now once again you’re trapped and there’s no getting out just accepting your true fate.

You thought that God had a plan for you but instead left it for too long to linger.

 

Need a quick solution or just some decent illusion to keep your mind busy.

And occupied it will stay till the end of the day while you drown thoughts with alcohol;

Though only a band-aid for that which surgery is required you leave home somewhat content.

Then once again you find that strange world that gives you all you asked for that most people call dreaming.

 

If ever you did picture heaven you know it the type of place that you see every night.

For when you mind is once again active it only makes that dreamland much more attractive.

So instead you choose sleep over taking a leap and changing your life around.

In vain your efforts remain and your hope is diminished for your life, it seems finished.

© 2011 Jeremiahh


Author's Note

Jeremiahh
never tried writting lyrics before, lemme know what you think
please and thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
Added on April 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 26, 2011
Tags: diminished, linger, alcohol, lyrics

Author

Jeremiahh
Jeremiahh

Bakersfield, CA



About
Hey! My name's Jeremiah and I heard this was I great place to improve your writing skills. I'm a complete noob so any constructive criticism would be very much appreciated! :] Thanks! more..

Writing
Appearances Appearances

A Chapter by Jeremiahh


Finding Me Finding Me

A Story by Jeremiahh