A Ring Pop Ring

A Ring Pop Ring

A Poem by Gerald Ray
"

Narrative couple story about life long love.

"

 

He gave her a ring pop ring when she was two and he was three . . .

And we all thought it was grand how sweet puppy love could be  . . .

Little did we know that he would find a way . . .

To exchange that ring pop ring for a diamond ring one day . . .

When she was twelve and he was thirteen they could have lost touch . . .

Except for a feeling they wanted each other in their lives so much . . .

That neither fate nor distance could really ever keep them apart . . .

After all both love and destiny were on their side from the start . . .

The college years came and went and still their feelings kept hanging on . .

Though puppy love had long since matured and was forever gone

Love was never talked about because to them good grades and a future was enough . . .

For each of them set goals and schedules that were, at times pretty rough ..

But at last the hard work paid off and they had time to think about life . . .

And just how appropriate it would be to become man and wife . . .

The wedding was quite simple just the two of them plus family and close friends . . .

And a simple life followed of the kind that simply transcends . . .

The possibility of hardships and strife in favor of love and peace . . .

And the ordinary pitfalls that plague most marriages like a fatal  disease . . .

Happy, normal children blessed their union just as they planned they would . . .

Life was rewarding just within itself and all was well and good . . .

And it all started when he gave her a ring pop ring when she was two and he was three . . .

And we all thought it was grand how sweet puppy love can be . . .

© 2014 Gerald Ray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: romance, children to adulthood

Author

Gerald Ray
Gerald Ray

Victorville, CA



About
I am an old Californian who likes to write poetry and am working on my third book. The first two were published. more..

Writing