Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by J.A.N

 

 

I am spent,

          spending time as if I am so close, in reach of the better feeling.

 

I used to indulge in words, their sound and texture. I used to write them down and stare, thinking of what a wondrous creation those lines were, how easily lines can speak for me. But take a line, any line and give it to a man on the street - have him act as if it’s his own. It becomes simply that, a line - from a stage and yet still, we are taken aback. Heart wrenching and amazed, what a line can be. That’s what words have often been to me lately. The X’s and O’s sliding into another and some languages, into something I can understand no longer. Something of the complex universe, feeling as though I am losing the majority of the self I know so well, in the all the complicated sort. One crumbled piece of paper, and I know I am a goner. As I have been before…

 

But I must write, I have to write.

For her, to bring her back. Feel her again, I have to feel her again. I have to feel myself again, I have to feel what it was like before he pulled the trigger and before she took the blade. Even if the nightmares come back, I just need to feel. Emotion, touch, breath - against my skin. And even if not for the reality of it, at least in my mind.

 

So here it is, here I am.

Typing while the clock ticks, in rhythm.

Five months, give or take; we'll go back and take it from there.

 




© 2011 J.A.N


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 20, 2011


Author

J.A.N
J.A.N

Conroe , TX



About
And while your head is spinning Hold tight, it's just beginning - The Decemberists I'm fifteen, from a small town. I never know what to write in these About Me's, so let me fly with these f.. more..

Writing
Way Way

A Poem by J.A.N


Tell Me Tell Me

A Poem by J.A.N