The Creation of Us.

The Creation of Us.

A Story by JesseMacabre
"

A letter from one character in my novel to another.

"

It’s widely believed that the chemistry of life begun immediately following the Big Bang, 13.8 billion years ago. The event created the oldest known star in the universe, Methuselah.  It took over 3 billion years for the universe to have the ability to sustain life, but it wasn’t until 4.2 billion years ago that Earth became inhabitable.


Fast forward to 231 million years ago, the first dinosaurs appeared on our planet, followed by the first birds, 76 million years later. 60 million years ago the first primates evolved, and with them the evolution of Homosapien begun.


The universe took billions of years to create life, eradicating and rebuilding, creating and destroying. Species have lived and died, planets have come and gone, immense changes have occurred. Since the inception of humanity, empires have risen and fallen; we’ve conquered and fought. We’ve created technology, transplanted hearts and created life from organisms. We’ve discovered incredible, beautiful things, we’ve created art, music, literature.


Throughout almost 14 billion years of existence, the universe has managed to place you and I together in the same period, as members of the same species, living on the same continent. It allowed us to communicate, to find each other.


Throughout everything that has happened, we’ve been brought to here and now, and I think it is the most tremendously spectacular thing. When I look at the stars now, I offer my sincerest thank-you to the universe for allowing us this opportunity.  

© 2017 JesseMacabre


Author's Note

JesseMacabre
As with my previous piece, this remains unedited at this stage.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am left feeling that I have just looked at a number of snapshots of how the universerve has evolved to where we are today.
I can see that some research went into doing this letter from one character to another.
I have to say, I have no idea where this story is going to go and I do hope you post more up soon, as the story itself I believe will be very different from anything else I have ever read.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JesseMacabre

7 Years Ago

Thank-you very much for your feedback! The whole story is in pieces at the moment, but it's slowly c.. read more
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Please do carry on writing this piece.

Mark.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CC
This is so beautiful, please keep writing this

Posted 7 Years Ago


i love it! the story has this story like feeling but it also is informational

Posted 7 Years Ago


I am left feeling that I have just looked at a number of snapshots of how the universerve has evolved to where we are today.
I can see that some research went into doing this letter from one character to another.
I have to say, I have no idea where this story is going to go and I do hope you post more up soon, as the story itself I believe will be very different from anything else I have ever read.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JesseMacabre

7 Years Ago

Thank-you very much for your feedback! The whole story is in pieces at the moment, but it's slowly c.. read more
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Please do carry on writing this piece.

Mark.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2017
Last Updated on March 14, 2017
Tags: Universe, Life, Love, Ethereal, Emotion, Science, Emotional, Undying

Author

JesseMacabre
JesseMacabre

Australia



About
Just another writer who wants their words read. I've set myself a goal of writing my first novel this year, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to make sure it happens. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sweet Pain...... Sweet Pain......

A Story by BBP