Hope Leaves: SongFic (possible chapter in Dark Project)

Hope Leaves: SongFic (possible chapter in Dark Project)

A Story by Jessica O.
"

Just an imagined scene when the song ("Hope Leaves" by Opeth) plays. May become part of the Dark Project thing I'm working on.

"
In the corner, beside my window
There hangs a lonely photograph
There is no reason, I'd never notice
A memory that could hold me back

I was cleaning out my room to move into the house with Stephen.Who knew that would actually happen, considering all that was said and done in the darkest hours for both of us?
I found things I never knew I had... including that one picture, taken the night that life changed, and not in a good way.
If I could go back, I would tell my 14-year-old self in the photo to run away while she still could from who she thought was "the one." I would tell her that he really isn't any good for her, and that he'd do nothing but hurt her the worst way possible. I would tell her that no relationship is worth getting bruises and scars that she'd have to hide when in public.
I would tell her that every word he said was a lie.
I would tell her that she would become very scared to get close to anyone after what would eventually happen.
And then I realize my problem. Why I haven't been able to get closer to Stephen despite our friendship.
That liar really messed me up, big time. I was 14, I thought I knew everything, but the truth is, I was more naive than anything else.
I hear a noise from my laptop. Opening it, I saw I had a request... Could it be? Ohdearlord...
What nerve does this liar have, wanting to be my friend again, after all he'd done? I open the message:
"Hey, Lauren, it's David. I understand if you never want to talk to me again. However, I want to apologize for everything. I'm much better now than I was then. Respond if you want to. -D."

Gone through days without talking
There is a comfort in silence
So used to losing all ambition
And struggling to maintain what's left


I do respond, but not without debating with myself over whether this is right. Better, how? How much is he lying to me this time?:
"Hi, it's Lauren. I'm actually surprised that you would send me that message."
No less than five minutes later:
"I'm more surprised that you responded. I did some pretty nasty things, and I want you to forgive me for them."
I respond only with three words: "I forgive you."
I instantly regret it, knowing that once again I have given him a few more chances to hurt me. But, part of me is thinking that I did the right thing in giving him a second chance.

Once undone, there is only smoke
Burning in my eyes to blind
To cover up what really happened
And force the darkness unto me


Once that happy feeling clears from being as forgiving as I was, I think back to that night, and how much of a jerk he was.Maybe he's telling the truth; maybe he has in fact changed... I'll have to ask how. Until I do,though, I won't be telling too much about myself.

There is a wound that's always bleeding
There is a road I'm always walking
And I know you'll never return to this place


At least I thought he wouldn't.

© 2012 Jessica O.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on October 2, 2012
Last Updated on October 2, 2012

Author

Jessica O.
Jessica O.

Ranson, WV



About
I'm Jess. I'm a college third-year (wow, time flies too fast around here!) who plays piano and a little bit of flute, and sings. I'm a poet, therefore I'm a songwriter. I read a lot, and I don't do.. more..

Writing
Impatience Impatience

A Story by Jessica O.