Help.

Help.

A Poem by JessicaBee
"

Losing yourself, loving someone else.

"
My heart hurts. I don’t want to see this anymore, but I can’t leave it like this. 

It’s like watching somebody you love, in a car accident, the cars all smashed up. They are bruised and bleeding, trapped, they’re calling for you, holding their hand out, the petrol is leaking, the car is going to explode. 

Every cell in your body wants to grab their hand, you want to run to the car and drag them from it, you want to save them, but you’re standing in sinking sand. You’re trying to move, but the more you do, the more you become submerged. Deep down, you know you’re going to suffocate if you keep trying to help, but you do, because of the love, the pain. 

You watch helplessly as the flames start to engulf the car, you’re trapped, your screams don’t make a sound, you can only hear them, the cries, the pain, the fear. 

There is no more sound. 
There is no more air. 
You’re suffocating, gasping on nothing. 
The thumping of blood slows in your ears. 
There’s no more you, and there’s no more me. 

At least you’re free. 

© 2021 JessicaBee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on January 30, 2021
Last Updated on January 30, 2021
Tags: love, family, hurt

Author

JessicaBee
JessicaBee

Nottingham, United Kingdom



About
Lover of life and living purposefully and wholeheartedly. Soul searcher. Joy seeker. Happiness teacher. Embracer of the good days, the bad days and all the inbetweens. more..