Tryst

Tryst

A Poem by Jesster
"

Thoughts, that is all.

"
What we have is something forbidden. People don't want us to be together. We can never freely express our feelings to one another. It's something that must be kept hidden, a secret. A tryst.
It tops the list of the most beautiful words of the English language. A meeting between two lovers, generally done in secret. Something that isn't accepted. That's what it means. People can't know, because we would be judged and hated. Every moment seems precious, because the moment isn't really ours to enjoy together.
It's a word that holds incredible emotion. There is conflict, conflict between us and the world, conflict between the world's different sides, a world that seems so divided that the only reason it doesn't fall apart is that it has a common enemy and that enemy is us. But we are strong, defying the odds time and again and proving to ourselves that this time, it's real. We are the united force sent to deal with all the hatred and persecution sent our way, and we take it with dignity.
Try, tryst. We have to try, and we do. It isn't easy. It's really, really hard. For us, we don't have support. We haven't got anybody rooting for us, so we need to be so naively confident that simply putting our minds to it will do the trick. But the truth is, we can never do the trick. There will never be an end to this stage of our lives, not until we fail to be together anymore. Because as strong as we are, the world is more powerful. It would be perfect, but hope is an absent factor.
Tryst, try. It's merely a coincidence, I know, but we have to try. It isn't handed to us on a platter like it is for some. This is up to us. We have to try. We decide that it's worth it and we follow it, because there's something about it that's different from the rest.
Trying is beautiful. Trying means that it's so real, and so certain, that we aren't afraid to risk everything for what means everything to us. We are willing to make ourselves vulnerable and endangered for a few transient moments, because it's worth it. It isn't right, but at the same time it is. It's wrong for the world. We are hurting those who know, but we are willing to take part in the selfish indulgence of what is us because we chose to follow what felt right, not what we were told was right. The pain will demand to be felt, and we know that. We aren't prepared for it, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is what we have right now, and I think that right now is perfect.

© 2014 Jesster


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 15, 2014
Tags: Love, forbidden, beautiful, perseverance, sacrifice, tryst

Author