Guess Who's Back?

Guess Who's Back?

A Chapter by Jester

I woke up, unaware of my surrounding scene. But the blurry fire engulfing the house in front of me slammed my memory back in place. The explosion. It's why I was sent flying out of Deans front window, like a bat outta hell. The fall left me terribly weak and dizzy, but I smugly crawled to the end of the porch with my arms. I knew I couldn't die anyways, but I had to make it look dramatic for the few witnesses that were watching. One of them, a boy about 25 with chestnut hair came running up to me, asking if I needed anything.
Wrong question to ask, boy.
"Follow me, please." I nodded him in my direction, struggling with my half limp body through the grass in the neighboring yard. The boy followed me, like I ordered. 
I motioned for him to keep going to the back, but he stopped, unable to damper the fear of how creepy it really was back here. Then I heard him speak soft, but with a stern tone to let me know he was brave. 
"Please Mister, we have to get back and help the others. I'm not any good to help just standing here." he started to walk the other way to leave, but I snatched his arm as a plead.
"Come closer boy, I'm injured. Please help me." I whispered, while trying not to laugh right in his face. This was just too easy! I could probably do this entire scene asleep, and dreaming about lollipops. I had to be serious about this one though. If he snapped out of it and told anyone about me, I might be in a little trouble. I made his eyes lock with mine, and I heard the beat of his heart start for the incline, like he knew he was going to die. I love that moment when you realize the blood is yours for the taking. Then suddenly, the boy knelt down a couple feet in front of me, eyes still on mine.

Success.

 I felt like a God at that moment. The Undead God Wes. Sounds dumb, but honestly, I am standing in front of this guy being capable of so much more than him, and the funny part is, he's my sustenance and what keeps me alive, strong. I don't get it either. But, I set my hands on his broad shoulders, thoroughly examining where to strike, and I noticed the boy's face looked peaceful, and dumb. Now was my time to dig in. So with my fangs sheathed and hiss, it was so chow time.
The boy did not scream, which is strange because, they ALWAYS scream. I tossed his dead body to the ground away from me at once, knowing right then and there this had all been a set up. Plus the scent of B***h emanated from the trees behind me.
"You have exactly three seconds to explain why your foul existence dares to be anywhere around me." I was up and had my claws aimed for Jazz's throat before my brain actually registered I was there. But she already saw me coming, and swiftly turned to face me with her arm out, pushing me back to the earth with a flick of her wrist.
"I would be much more careful who I cut with that knife, Wes. Don't want to end up like Cindy Harlen do you? I heard she didn't get let off so easily last time." she pretend smiled at me,then flipped her skirt, turned on her heel, and walked back into the night. My mind exploded into mush, and it took everything in me not to cause a scene right next to the burning house.
 She knew she wasn't allowed in this town anymore, but being the rightful b***h she was all the time, Jasmine (Jazz) Dechanorro did what she want, where she wanted.
"Why are you here." I demanded to know right now. I wasn't up for her childish games, those kinda days have been long gone.
"Why wouldn't I be? After all, I just swung by to celebrate, and toast some drinks to an old friend..." she winked at me, with her bright green crystal eyes, staring down at me from the shadows. I used to love looking at her unique eyes, but now I felt like evicting them clean outta their sockets.
"Celebrate? Jazz, I'm glad you call almost getting me killed a damn celebration." I watched her expression change to many different things, but it stopped at defensive.
"Killed? Don't be ridiculous Wes, we can't be killed." she giggled like a drunk. "Unless a nice big stake goes piercing through that cold, useless, dead thing you call a heart." She shut her mouth quick, and waited for my reaction, but I just stood there, really taking in the fact that being a creature of the night suited her quite well. She could sass the Court, and get away with it, I'd put money on it. Her beautiful face was among the fairest I've yet to see, her lavish black curls bounced around her cheeks, and lips fuller than the moon. But something with her complexion was halted, as though she hadn't fed for weeks, or maybe even months. I found zero remorse for Jazz though, no matter how stunning she is to me. She scorned me rough last time, and I swore I'd never fall for her again. I hunted her for the kill 5 years straight, through South and North America, but I kept missing her by a day or two. She kept hidden, and hidden well. Jazz might be a lot of things, but stupid definitely isn't one of them.
 In about 5 minutes after arguing, it was unwillingly decided that Jazz was coming to my place for the night, mainly because she burned her bridges with pretty much everyone in this city, and after all that bullshit at Deans, I wanted to go to bed finally.
I lived dead in the heart of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Nothing special, but enough population to cover up tracks, and hide the fact that I'm eating people to remain alive.
 We were headed up to my 50th floor, ridiculously priced penthouse, decorated the dead man way. The way all houses should be. Almost every room minus the bathroom had a HD television in it, and I watched what I wanted, when I wanted. I had puffy leather couches, with lots of blankets and pillows. My mini fridge full of blood packs, and every game console that was put out so far. So, in a nutshell, I was set for entertainment. The rooms were painted according to what color came to mind that day, so naturally the walls are blood red, because my whole life revolves around it. One thing about being a Vampire is all the damn blood I have to drink. I didn't like blood much as a human, because it made me queasy, and want to throw up. But hell, now I can't get enough of it. I breathe, think, and dream the stuff. I don't even feel bad about taking it either, 'cause hey, it wasn't my fault I'm this way, so why not?

"You can have the spare room, since you'll only be staying tonight." I grunted through my teeth. She would pick the worst night to "visit". Jazz wasn't even listening to me though. She studied my living room carefully, as if she was waiting for something, or someone to jump out and get her, always on her guard.  "I have a servant, her name is Barb, please do not kill Barb, or I will kill you. She can take care of anything you might need. Feel free to the blood in the fridge, looks like you need it more than me. Warning signs flashed in her eyes, telling me to keep my questions to myself, but she kept her mouth shut while walking to the fridge.
"So, does your "significant other" know I'll be staying here?" she grinned, playing her words well, and slamming a big club right into my chest.
"You know just as well as I do, that there hasn't been anyone." I was cold when I said it. I chilled the room with my breath, and for a damn good reason. There hasn't been anyone like that in my life since Jazz, since she up and decided to rip my still beating heart out, and eat it for Christmas brunch. What a tramp. She can take her inquiries and stick them straight in her a*s. My bed was calling me, so I wasn't down for questions.
"I'm going to bed now. The drapes close at sunrise, so don't worry about that perfect skin of yours, it'll be safe. Just please, don't touch anything, and we'll be good." I turned to walk to my room, but she was already in the other direction I faced, looking at me with her mouth hanging open.
"No way! You can't bail on me this early, what about drinks!?" she pestered after me.
"Drinks for what, Jazz? Drinks for setting Deans house on fire, and killing all my friends? Yes, lets toast all night to that." Her eyes fell to the ground at my sarcasm, and I had no intentions of coming to the rescue, to lift them back up for her.
"You've forgotten haven't you?" she whispered at me, as I tried to walk around her, but I stopped.
"About what?" I scanned my immediate thoughts for an out of place date, but nothing came to mind. She looked astonished.
"Your birthday, Wes? Today was your birthday. Have you really gotten this out of hand?" she finally lifted her gaze to me, and I could tell she already regretted questioning how I've been after what happened between her and I.
"I don't celebrate my birthday anymore. You of all people should know that." I gritted my teeth.
"Wes, please, just come sit and talk with me for a little bit, I haven't seen you in so long." I crept towards her as she spoke, wrapped my beast hands around her seemingly frail arms, and clamped down hard. She cried out in pain.
"Listen, I don't sit around and talk with you...EVER! I don't have time to waste with your mind-f**k games. I swore I was done with you the last time you suddenly showed your face to me again, asking my forgiveness. I have better s**t to do like survive, and maintain a low identity, and not ruin everyone's lives,  than celebrate a day that truly has no meaning for me. You ruined everything for me, s**t doesn't matter anymore."  I pushed her stunned face out of sight, took 3 long strides, and secluded myself from the night, and from Jazz, from everything, with a nice slam of the door right in her perfect face.


© 2012 Jester


Author's Note

Jester
First chapter is up!
Please tell me what you like, and dislike about it. I'd really like some support on this piece!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 10, 2012


Author

Jester
Jester

PA



About
Words from the mind are of another being in whole from the surface being. They are but two minds, as one stupid mouth. more..

Writing
Could you? Could you?

A Poem by Jester


Seperation Seperation

A Poem by Jester