Stilletos in Every Color: Chapter One

Stilletos in Every Color: Chapter One

A Story by He@ther!
"

This is my first attempt at comedy:)

"

"Light 'em up and watch them burn, teach 'em what they need to lear, ha!"

-Miranda Lambert, Kerosene

 

     "I don't like how low-cut that top is, Nina." said Marc, my soon-to-be ex-boyfriend (as if he, of all people, had ANY right to criticize the way other people looked.  That haircut made him look like a penis.).

 

     "Well then don't look at it." I said with abrasive nonchalance.  I could feel how angry that made him, and though I wasn't looking at him, I had a poignant picture of the idiotic grimace he wore on his face at that moment.  I knew he was doing it because he did it everytime I did or said something he did not like (which was extremely often.).  I ignored him at contiued walking at a brisk pace toward our next class.  This next class, Home Ec., was the only class we had together.  However, instead of being upset that we didn't have more classes together like usual, I was upset that I had to see him at all.  Today, I didn't want to hear a single word coming from his mouth. 

 

     "Whatever." he muttered.

 

     Last night we'd had a huge fight because of the inane amount of alchohol he drank, and I planned on breaking up with him this afternoon.  I would have done it last night, but I'd been busy babysitting my five-year-old sister.  'Marc's a big dummie." she declared as he marched out of my front door.  'Couldn't have said it better myself' I told her.  I was upset that she had to see him like that.  Heck, I was upset that I had to see him like that. He really is ugly when he's drunk.  He was just gross, too sum it all up, and speaking to him was unbearable because his breath was residual of alcohol and some unidentifiable odor that would have made the dog slap him in the face had he been able to. 

 

     Today in Home Ec. we were cooking.  As I entered the classroom, I took note of the well-known and affable substitute that lounged lazily in the teacher's chair.  His name was Cal, 'Just Cal.  No 'Mr.' part involved.', in his words.

 

    "Free day today" Cal announced as students shuffled their way through the door.  Most of the class went by quickly, probably due to the fact that Marc was keeping his big fat mouth shut.  That is, until a few minutes before the bell rang.

 

     "You know, I've been thinking." he mused.  'Well its about time' I thought sarcastically.  "You have had a terrible attitude since last night.  That has got to stop."

 

     "You can't be serious." I said, looking at him increduously.

 

     "I'm very serious." He replied in a pompous and particularly annoying tone.

 

     "Incredible." I said, agitation saturating my voice.

 

     "I'm also serious about that top you're wearing."  I then stopped what I was doing and crossed my arms.  Stupidly, he went on, thinking that he was winning.  "I mean look at yourself.  How do you think that makes me feel when you wear stuff like that?  I don't want my girlfriend walking around looking like that!"  'Keep diggin.' I thought to myself. 

 

     "When I asked you out, what were you wearing?  It certainly wasn't anything like that.  You were wearing flannel."  He said smugly, probably giving himself too much credit for remembering what I had been wearing.  However, his memory wasn't as good as he apparently thought it was.

 

     "Marc, this IS the shirt I was wearing when you asked me out.  And its not too low-cut.  In fact, I even wore it to CHAPEL CLUB and got compliments on it."  I said.

 

     "No, your b***s got compliments, not you.  Your b***s look great.  You on the other hand, look like a w***e.  Sometimes, I just want to punch you in the face."  He said with his voice building in its volume.  Consequently, people were beginning to notice our conversation. 

 

     "Stop yelling!" I whispered urgently, "People are looking!"

 

     "Excuse me?  What makes you think you can talk to me like that?"  he said while grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling me toward him.  Before I could think of a reply that was sarcastic enough for my taste, the bell rang.  I yanked my way out of his grasp and sauntered out into the hall.  As I knew he would, he followed closely behind me.  As I made my way out into the parking lot, I began looking for my friends who I knew would give me a ride home in order to avoid Marc.  However, Marc was still on his previous power trip. 

 

     "I believe I asked you a question."  He said gruffly while grabbing me and forcing me to face him.

 

     "I believe I'm busy right now.  I also believe the answer to your question is pretty obvious.  I have the right to talk to you any way I want to.  Besides, its not as if you have any respect for me."  I retorted.  He began to say something, but I cut him off.  I was really angry now.  "You're rude, controlling and arrogant.  Oh my god are you arrogant!  I swear you could make the pope cuss."  I declared.

 

     "Get in the car.  We have alot to discuss on the way home."  He demanded as if I were a child.  His child, in particular.

 

     "I'm not going anywhere with you.  It is SO over between you and I! It should have been over a long time ago."  I stated.

 

     "That was not a question Nina, therefore it needed no answer.  Particularly not one like that.  I thought I already told about that attitude.  Do you hear me when I talk to you?"  Marc asked, his arrogant tone unwavering.

 

     "Oh, believe me, I hear you.  Everyone hears you.  You yell at me like an idiot!  And anyway, you're the one that doesn't listen.  I said its OVER.  As in done, finished.  You're such a..."

 

     Before I could finish my sentence, he opened his car door and proceeded to shove me into the car.  Incensed, I then did something I had never done to anyone before: I punched him in the face.  Shocked at my own strength, I watched him  stagger while holding his nose.

 

     "What is WRONG with you? Are you freaking crazy? You broke my nose! Are you stupid?"  He yelled in disbelief. 

 

     "Sometimes, I just want to punch you in the face."  I said, quoting his words from less than half an hour ago.  It was then that I looked up to see that my friends that I had been looking for were now leaving the parking lot.

 

     "You made me miss my ride, jerk."  I said angrily as I began to march away from him.  However, something stopped me in my tracks.  I looked at Marc and realized how good it felt to finally tell him exactly what I was thinking.  Feeling a rush of adrenaline pumping through my veins, I decided to get even more specific about how I was feeling.

 

     "And I swear if you ever touch me again, you're gonna go flyin through the air, and you won't land until sometime next week, understand?"  I said in a candid tone, which contained a suprising amount of authority in it. 

 

     I expected some sort of censure from him, but to my suprise, he simply stomped over to the driver's side of the car.  I realized I had won, and I relished that fact.  While in my reverie, I suddenly had an idea.  Just how awesome would it feel if I gave myself enough time to obiterate every single one of Marc's stupid little rules?  What if I gave myself a chance to treat Marc the same way he treated me?  What if I decided to flirt with other guys,strut around in a mini skirt for a while, and did all those little things he just couldn't stand?  It would feel wonderful, I decided.  I smiled wryly to myself as I made my resolve to rectify the way I had been treated by him.  The idea was so much more fun than simply breaking up with him.

 

     I then slid into Marc's car with an entirely new attitude.  I reached into my bag, grabbed my favorite Avril Lavigne CD and put it playing.  As I began to sing, Marc was (of course) annoyed by it.  Therefore, I continued, my volume and resolve increasing with every note:

 

"I'm the one; I'm the one who knows the dance

I'm the one; I'm the one who's got the prance

I'm the one; I'm the one who wears the pants

I wear the pants!"

© 2008 He@ther!


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

that is amazing
i just want to keep reading....where is the next chapter?? lol
it dragged me into the story in no time at all it let me know a little about the characters and left me craving more
in other words
its the PERFECT start :)
great work
let me know when your next chapter is ready im dying to read it now :) :P

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very well written start, it kept my attention, as I read at the same pace when I read one of Karen Chance's books, and that gives me the urge to just keep turning the pages. I want to know more, I want to finish reading this book.

Keep writing =D

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is so wonderful, I like this, SO um..Where's chapter 2?

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

that is amazing
i just want to keep reading....where is the next chapter?? lol
it dragged me into the story in no time at all it let me know a little about the characters and left me craving more
in other words
its the PERFECT start :)
great work
let me know when your next chapter is ready im dying to read it now :) :P

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2008
Last Updated on November 25, 2008

Author

He@ther!
He@ther!

About
My name is Heather, I'm twenty, future author and english teacher, highly analytical, The Vampire Diaries, A Tale of Two Cities, both classic and modern literature, the Victorian era, Coco Chanel, ext.. more..

Writing
biology biology

A Story by He@ther!


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by He@ther!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by He@ther!



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


About a Girl About a Girl

A Poem by William