Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by He@ther!

Prologue

            The atmosphere was thick with unearthly energy.  I’d never felt anything like it, and though I’d never been in a church before I knew it was safe to assume it wasn’t the building or even the people in it. The world felt thicker somehow.  It was thicker.  There was something invisible yet tangible in the air around us all.  It was the same feeling a child has when he or she is beneath the bed covers, hiding from monsters in the closet and under the bed. Except that this energy, this “blanket” was something powerful beyond comprehension.  Whatever it was, it was all-consuming and its presence was written on nearly every face.  I had never been a believer, but it seemed like skepticism was somehow contradicting itself now.  All the accusations my peers and parents and professors had thrown at these people seemed to be missing something.  The people I knew and associated with would have everyone believe that church goers and believers put logic and reason on the back burner and lived for a God that was invisible and inaudible, and therefore imperceptible and unreal.  But there was an undeniable feeling in that church that no atheist or scientist could deny.  In the same way that I felt my mother standing behind me when I was a child doing something wrong, I could feel this.  Sometimes if I was playing with my toys as a child instead of cleaning my room, I would get this feeling all of a sudden, and I would turn around and find my mother watching me.  I could not see my mother standing behind me, nor could I hear her, but I could feel and sense her presence watching me.  It was in this same way that I felt this being, this presence that seemed to transform and protect all that it surrounded.  In this same way, I sensed God.



© 2010 He@ther!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

nicely personalalized statement on knowing a "precence" of "authority"...since I also believe in the existence of a caring "God I want to see what you have to reveal?
I like the statement..."this presence that seemed to transform and protect all that it surrounded. In this same way, I sensed God."


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

nicely personalalized statement on knowing a "precence" of "authority"...since I also believe in the existence of a caring "God I want to see what you have to reveal?
I like the statement..."this presence that seemed to transform and protect all that it surrounded. In this same way, I sensed God."


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on June 7, 2010


Author

He@ther!
He@ther!

About
My name is Heather, I'm twenty, future author and english teacher, highly analytical, The Vampire Diaries, A Tale of Two Cities, both classic and modern literature, the Victorian era, Coco Chanel, ext.. more..

Writing
biology biology

A Story by He@ther!


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by He@ther!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by He@ther!