The girl with the messy room.

The girl with the messy room.

A Story by Julia Wildgrube
"

I got bored so I decided instead of cleaning my room I would write about me not cleaning my room hahah. Please leave your thoughts about it :3

"
"I know, I know, I'm working on it, I promise!" Julie said to her mother about her room. It had been messy for weeks, or was it months...oh that's right it was years! Julie couldn't keep her room clean for over two weeks, she didn't know how it go so messy it just did. She always "planed' on cleaning it at night, because that's when she cleaned best, but each night, she was either "not in the mood" or too tired.
"Darling I know you keep saying that but eventually you have to stop working on it and finish it." her mother said understandingly 
"Don't worry I will, I just gotta get into the zone that's all, I promise it will be done soon." and with that Julie went back into her room with her plate of spaghetti, and sat down on her computer and watched Supernatural and got on Tumblr. A few hours had past and Julie was completely bored with, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, and watching TV. So instead of cleaning her room like she had promised she would she opened up the book she was reading and sat on her couch. Two more hours had past, it was ten O'clock pm now and she still hadn't started on her room.

She realized she should probably at least start a load of laundry before the night was over so she started filling up a basket. Once she was finished she took the huge basked downstairs to the laundry room to find that the washing machine and the dryer were both already running. So she shrugged her shoulders and left the basket, telling herself I'll just come back later and do it.  But of course later came about two days later. 

                                                      Two weeks later
 "How many times do I have to tell you to clean this room before you actually do it?" Julie's father said on the verge of yelling. She hated disappointing him and she knew she was every time she let her room get like this but she just didn't know how to stop it from getting so dirty, she tried several times but the mess always found it's way back. 
"I'm sorry I really am working on it, it just takes me a while...." she replied sheepishly 
"Well you need to start working a lot faster, I'm getting really sick of this."
"Yes sir, I'm sorry...I love you!" She replied not knowing what else to say.
"I love you too now come here" he said as he hugged his daughter. "I hate being hard on you but I just can't let you live like this. You deserve to live in a clean room" 
Julie not knowing what to say just nodded and hugged her Dad tighter. 
Then she let him go and he headed off to work. She knew she had to get her room clean but she just didn't know where to start, everything had to be cleaned. So she grabbed up an old bag of trash from the last time she tried cleaning and took it out to the dumpster. When she returned she realized she "needed" to check her facebook so she sat down on her computer and didn't get up until dinner time. She knew what she was doing was wrong, she knew she needed to clean, but there was just something inside of her that was preventing her from doing so. 


                                               TO BE CONTINUED 

© 2012 Julia Wildgrube


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
Added on May 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 10, 2012
Tags: Story, funny, true story, cleaning, rooms, procrastination

Author

Julia Wildgrube
Julia Wildgrube

Tuscaloosa, AL



About
Hi my name is Julia, I am 15 yrs old, and I love to write! I really want to be an author when I get older, I have already started writing a book series, I am really hoping that one day it will be a Ne.. more..