Chapter 6: Conscious

Chapter 6: Conscious

A Chapter by נнα∂єи♥
"

12/31/10.

"
Ugh... what the hell just happened...?

Those were Anna's first thoughts as she heaved herself up that afternoon, finally regaining consciousness.  She wasn't sure how long she had been knocked out, and she didn't remember why for a moment.  Suddenly, Anna happened to look down, and she screamed.

She was chained up to a thick bar inches away from the very top of her head, her wrists dangling over the chains locked around them.  They were digging into her skin very uncomfortably, and Anna clenched her fists, attempting to make it less painful.  It didn't help at all.  The bar was at least six feet off the ground, and being a petite 4'11, Anna was hanging above the ground, kicking and screaming like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.

Hearing her cries, the elf apparently called Usara glided into the room with Jineya and Evana not far behind.  They all looked up at her pitifully, wondering why she was screaming like so as she hung from the bar.

"Anna," Usara called to her, and the teenager stopped thrashing and attempting to free herself from the chains.  "You're tied up like that for a reason."

"A reason," Anna muttered with clenched teeth, wanting to rip off the chains and kill all of these elves.  Did they think that it was humane to tie someone up and leave them hanging there?  Well, the elves weren't necessarily human, but that wasn't the point.  "What's the reason that I'm stuck here?"

"You've sprouted your wings," Usara said quietly, looking a bit concerned.

Anna gasped, and looked over her right shoulder.  Usara wasn't lying - behind each shoulder blade was a bony, skeletal wing.  They looked strangely like one of the other elf's wings, Anna noticed, and continued to look.  They were much darker than the other elf's, however; they were a cloudy shade of grey with cracks and splits in them all over them.  They didn't look frail at all besides the fact that they appeared to be worn and used, even though Anna had only had them for the time that she'd... well, had them.  Which was about three hours - she had been unconscious for a while.

Anna fumed, biting down on her lower lip.  "So," she said, her voice muffled, "I'm stuck with these giant things forever?"

Jineya nodded.  "Unless they are broken, of course," she answered matter-of-factly.  "That is why you should keep them tucked behind you during battles and other forms of attack, to protect them."

"How do I...?"

"Fold them," Jineya replied irritably.  "Clench your muscles, especially in your shoulders."

"Jineya," Usara interrupted strictly.  "This is her first day here.  She doesn't know everything about being an elf yet.  Give her some time to figure it out."

"Figure it out?" Anna asked.  "What do you mean?"

"Well," Usara began, "there's a slight possibility that some of your features could come in during a battle."

"Wha -?  But I thought I couldn't battle until -"

"That's correct," Evana replied.  "But we meant your most noticeable features, like your wings, body structure and face, for example."

"My... body structure?"

Jineya rolled her eyes.  "Elves are naturally rather small-framed, which you already are considering you are short.  Your body structure shouldn't have to change as much... But some other changes are in the face and ears.  Your ears grow longer and... well, you've probably seen elf ears before in movies.  Your face also becomes more un-human looking; your eye color must change first, as you can see from us."  Anna nodded darkly; it was creepy enough that the others didn't have any pupils, but now she couldn't have any as well?  Life just wasn't fair.

Jineya continued.  "Your nose shape becomes more pointed and well-defined, as does your chin shape.  Overall, you become thinner and more well-defined throughout your entire body, and if you were tall you would lose some of your height to get an elf's smaller frame."

Anna's mouth had dropped open half-way through Jineya's words, and she closed it quickly.  "So... how long will all of this take?"

Jineya shrugged.  "Like we said, it depends.  But back to the battles.  You may get a slight change in something for battles.  Usually your eye color and face shape changes last - most new elves get their wings and body structure first, then those changes, and more minor changes happen after that which aren't as important."

"...Oh," Anna muttered.  "So if that happens on the battlefield, I need to know how to deal with it?"

"Exactly," Usara replied.

Anna did what Jineya told her to moments ago, tightening her muscles and squeezing her eyes shut.  Finally, her wings slowly curled under and folded flat against her back so they were nearly unnoticeable.

"You'll get faster as you undergo more changes," Evana assured her.  "You aren't able to do it quickly yet, because your body structure hasn't changed into an elf's yet.  That's another reason why you're not allowed to go into battle yet - if you need to recoil quickly, you wouldn't be able to because you weren't finished developing."

Anna felt like she was in the situation where her mother was going over puberty with her when she was nine again as the elves talked to her about this.  "So... I can't battle, because my elf reflexes aren't fast enough?"

"You could say that," Usara said to her.  "Also, you'll be able to pull your all the way into you later, when you finish transforming, and not just have them folded up behind you."

Anna narrowed her eyes and grimaced at the thought of pulling her wings into herself.  "That's... great.  Now... tell me, why the hell am I tied up?!"

Jineya looked amused, and Evana rolled her eyes.  Usara simply answered with no emotion whatsoever: "We were afraid that you would go crazy with your new wings and possibly kill us all."

Anna raised an eyebrow, looking down at the three with a look of utter confusion.  "Uhh...?"

"They're new to you.  We thought that you might try them out when you regained consciousness."

Anna's eyes lit up.  "I can try them?"

"Well," Evana replied, "...I suppose so.  But be careful.  You won't be able to fly very high - or well - at this point."

Anna shook her wrists.  "...You need to take these off."

Usara snapped her fingers, and the chains fell open, causing Anna to scream and drop two feet to the ground.  "Ow," she muttered.  "I didn't know you had m-magical powers."

Usara nodded.  "Some elves are gifted and have powers.  Evana is the only other dark elf that does besides me."

Rubbing her aching left wrist, Anna sat up.  "When do you get them?"

"It depends," Usara said.  "I got mine immediately after I finished changing completely, which took about a month or two.  You will know if you have them."

"You'll... know?"

"You will know," Evana cut in, her eyes suddenly glowing.

Anna gasped as she began to float a couple feet off the ground, staring down at Evana.  "You... can...?"

"Levitate," Evana replied, nodding.  "I can levitate other things.  Usara can command objects to move or something with her mind."

Anna suddenly dropped, and Evana's eyes stopped glowing.  "And w-when did you figure that out?"

Evana bit her lip, thinking.  "Not long after my eyes turned silver.  That wasn't the complete transformation - usually dark elves get their powers towards the end or at the end of their changes."

Anna nodded.  "Okay," she said, standing up and clenching her shoulder muscles to unfold her wings.  It took about ten seconds to unfold them halfway, and Anna groaned in frustration.  "This takes f*****g FOREVER!"

Usara nodded calmly.  "At first."

Anna's wings finally stretched out completely nearly a minute after she started unfolding them.  "Now, how the hell do I use these things...?"

"You probably won't be able to fly yet," Usara interrupted.  "Practice folding and unfolding them first."

Groaning, Anna stretched them out until her shoulders ached and slowly began to fold them back again.  It took about forty-five seconds to completely fold.  She stretched them out again, this time taking thirty full seconds.  She repeated this process until she could fold and unfold them together in twenty seconds, and she stopped after folding them in one last time, crossing her arms proudly.

"Not bad," Evana admitted.  "But you should be able to do it like this by the time you get used to them..."  Anna gasped as the elf's wings burst from her back, flinching as she saw Evana's face contort with pain.  Letting out a small gasp, Evana folded her wings out completely and thrust them into her back as quick as they left it. 

"Impressed?" Usara asked as she saw Anna look surprised and slightly nauseous. 

"Um, sure," Anna choked out, and Evana rested her hands on her hips, smirking.  "Looks slightly p-painful, though..."

"You'll get used to it," Evana said.






© 2010 נнα∂єи♥


Author's Note

נнα∂єи♥
I hope you enjoyed it! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

LMFAO "We were afraid that you would go crazy with your new wings and possibly kill us all." I lovelovelove the fact that Usara answered with "no emotion whatsoever." That makes that hilarious!!! :D Kay, um... what can I say? Your chapter has left me speechless again. I just loved this chapter! The whole changing-process sounds like a pain in the a*s xD, and that would suck if you started to get a "minor change" while in a battle or something. Ooh, you're probably gonna give Anna some special power, right?!?! RIGHT?!?!?! You'd better. Or I kill you. -.- ...Anyway... DAMN. Putting your wings inside your back sounds.... fun... *pukes* xD I loved this chapter, now WRITE MORE or I KICK UR A*S. n.n xDD joking.... but seriously i loved this so write now....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
GODDAMMIT YOU TWO! D: WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY!!! *crycrycry*

Anywhooo I loved this, and that was so funny when ..this whole chapter was funny, so yeahh. GRR. I DONT KNOW WTF TO SAY CAUSE MADDIE AND RAYNE SAID IT ALL!! so...never mind. This was awesome and I lovelovelove it! SO YEAH. thats it. o.O

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
GODDAMMIT YOU TWO! D: WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY!!! *crycrycry*

Anywhooo I loved this, and that was so funny when ..this whole chapter was funny, so yeahh. GRR. I DONT KNOW WTF TO SAY CAUSE MADDIE AND RAYNE SAID IT ALL!! so...never mind. This was awesome and I lovelovelove it! SO YEAH. thats it. o.O

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOLZ XD I LUFFLED THAT PART TO! ...Damn you Maddie...She took what I had to say. -.- ANNA NEEDS TO GET A POWER BECAUSE SHE JUST DOES. :D lol And...Evana doing that thing with her wings did sound painful. 0.o Hehe...I just loved how they all felt the need to put Anna in chains to. :D lol And...I loved this chapter...And...As of now, I ave nothing else to say, so....WRITE. MORE. NOW. ...Have a nice day. =3

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LMFAO "We were afraid that you would go crazy with your new wings and possibly kill us all." I lovelovelove the fact that Usara answered with "no emotion whatsoever." That makes that hilarious!!! :D Kay, um... what can I say? Your chapter has left me speechless again. I just loved this chapter! The whole changing-process sounds like a pain in the a*s xD, and that would suck if you started to get a "minor change" while in a battle or something. Ooh, you're probably gonna give Anna some special power, right?!?! RIGHT?!?!?! You'd better. Or I kill you. -.- ...Anyway... DAMN. Putting your wings inside your back sounds.... fun... *pukes* xD I loved this chapter, now WRITE MORE or I KICK UR A*S. n.n xDD joking.... but seriously i loved this so write now....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..