Chapter 8: Lost

Chapter 8: Lost

A Chapter by נнα∂єи♥
"

2/10/11.

"
Anna woke up with a start the next morning.  She had fallen asleep in the throne room, her arms draped over the arm of a velvet red couch.  She lazily opened one eye, and then opened the other.  She couldn't hear or see anything, because no one was in the room with her, but something felt odd about the castle this morning.  It was as if it was empty, or something. 

Ignoring the strange feeling, Anna decided to get up and wander around the throne room.  There was a long table in the center of it, as before, but all seats were empty and the table was just... there.  It had no tablecloth, plates, or anything on it - it was just a wooden table with several chairs.  The thrones were still there, but as usual were empty.  Anna pushed a strand of hair from her face and walked towards one of the windows, a dark curtain covering it from the outside world.  Even as she opened the window, barely any light was let into the room.  It was dark, and Anna yet again felt out-of-place in there, like she didn't belong.

Well, it was better than being in the dungeon...

Usara should have never even mentioned the dungeon, Anna thought to herself, because that only made her more curious.  Anna's attention was brought to the fireplace - a single, wispy flame was there, but it was dark grey and black.  The color of Kedreda was mostly black and white outside of the castle and homes in the forest, but perhaps Anna was just imagining things when she apparently "noticed" that.  It wasn't at all like this world was normal, though.

Suddenly, the doors to the castle flung open, and Anna winced in shock.  She headed over clumsily to the couch, tripping over her own feet in the process, and sat down as if she hadn't gotten up.  She wondered if she should pretend to be asleep, but that wouldn't fool the elves, she had a feeling.  If they had something to say to her, they would, and if they didn't want her to know something, they would be smart enough to leave the room.

Into the room came Usara, Evana, Jineya, Mindosia, Unen, Vuruh, Jikassa, and Zalis.  Usara was the only one not covered in some type of battle outfit - she was wearing her normal, wispy white dress, her blonde hair back into the same old ponytail.  Evana's normally straight black hair was now tangled and she looked tired, dragging her sword behind her.  Jineya looked frustrated, her bangs completely covering her eyes.  Mindosia's outfit was torn and her wings looked limp as she walked in.  Unen's short hair was lifeless and her eyes dark.  Vuruh looked frustrated as well, sitting down directly next to Anna.  Jikassa and Zalis seated themselves in opposite chairs, both panting heavily.  Usara remained standing as the others sat down, her eyes narrowed in disgust.

"The battle was lost," she said simply.  "We failed."

Anna was surprised.  "I thought for sure that you would win," she said, trying to sound concerned and to have the least bit of sympathy in her voice.  "I mean... you have great weapons, and..."

"A small amount of warriors," Unen muttered darkly, brushing her hair out of her face and resting her hand on the chair arm.  "Weapons do nothing for us."

Anna suddenly felt a sharp pain in her cheek-bones and gasped lightly.  When Usara and Jineya looked at her questionably, she whispered a quick "nothing" and rubbed at her left cheek-bone quickly.  It felt as if it was on fire, but she clenched her jaw and the pain faded away as quickly as it had came.  Because of what the elves had told her about changing, she shouldn't really be concerned, should she?

Anna sighed.  "Well... who were you fighting against?" she asked. 

Usara avoided the question hesitantly.  "Take your weapons where they belong," she ordered the elves surrounding her, and they all got up from where they were sitting, beginning to walk down the hallway and leave.

"I said," Anna snapped, "who did you fight against?"

"...Let's just say," Usara said, "I thought I could trust her."  She sighed.  "I was wrong."




© 2011 נнα∂єи♥


Author's Note

נнα∂єи♥
Yeah, this chapter sucked ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
lmfao, maddie... they suck themselves.

I WANT TO KNOW MORE AND BECAUSE I HAVENT READ THIS IN FOREVER I DONT HAVE TO WAIT SO HAHAHAHAHA!!!! TO YOU PEOPLES WHO HAD TO. This chapter DID. NOT. suck at all!!! I love this sooooooo much. It's like so f*****g epic. And oooohhh! She avoided the question, not a good sign. I WANT TO KNOW MORE, D****T.!!! IM CURIOUS EVEN THOUGH CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT!!

*shot* Anyway, yeah, imma read on now!!! :D LOVE THIS. ((i read this last night but my computer was being stupid and wouldnt let me review it so here i am the next day reading it again!!! :D))

Posted 13 Years Ago


NO! DAMN! CLIFFHANGERS DO SUCK! -.- ANd...Hm...Avoiding qestions is never a good sign...It was interesting...AND I WANNA KNOW MORE NOW DAMNNIT! o.o Well, f**k. They lost. Thats not good...At least no one died...Yet. o.o

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG CLIFFHANGERRRRR!!! D: GOD D****T I HATE CLIFFY'S. they SUCK. THEMSELVES. .....o.0.... YESH, I SAID IT. xD anyway, this chapter was interesting and made me wonder.... hmm.... heheh. OMG CHU POSTED A NEW CHAPTER TOO!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..