Chapter 10: Confusion

Chapter 10: Confusion

A Chapter by נнα∂єи♥
"

4/2/11. It's been a while. o.0

"
"Evana, we simply cannot trust her!" a usually angelic voice spat venomously.

"You do not know that," a second voice, Evana, replied darkly.

"I know enough," the first voice reminded her frostily.  "You simply do not seem to."

"You have always known more than I."

"Which is why I am correct," the other elf said firmly.  "Now, why don't you run along and cease this argument?  We are getting no where."

"I am not the one who began it," Evana said darkly. 

"We cannot trust her, and that is that."

"I believe it's wise to trust her.  She knows nothing yet."

"Should I place her in the dungeon?" the first voice asked thoughtfully.

"No!" Evana growled.  "I told you already, Usara, that we should not mention any of this to her and to keep this conversation a complete and utter secret.  We agreed we would say nothing, so therefore there is no reason to place her in the dungeon."

"She is untrustworthy," the first voice, apparently Usara, muttered. 

"You have no proof," Evana said snappily.

Usara smiled, although there was no reason to.  "I have all of the proof that I need," she said quietly, and Evana walked out of the room in a huff.

Meanwhile, Anna had just awoken to the sound of arguing and yelling.  However, it was not Usara and Evana who were arguing; it was Usara and Vuruh, she realized, by the sound of Vuruh's voice.  Anna didn't want to disturb them, but at the same time, she had to.  She wanted to see what was going on.

"...Usara?" she asked quietly.

Usara turned to face Anna with Vuruh staring as well, her upper lip curling up in disgust.  "...Yes?" she asked innocently.

"...Why are you arguing?" Anna asked.

Usara quickly changed the subject.  "Anna, you must have changed overnight," she said readily, and Anna frowned.

"Really?" she asked, looking down.

"No, your face," Usara explained.  "You... your features have sharpened."

Anna shrugged.  "It was painless," she said.

Vuruh rolled his eyes at this remark.  "Funny how all of your usual transformations are 'painful,' while this one is strangely..." He looked at Usara quizzically.  "...'Painless.' "

Usara, in two quick movements, levitated a nearby knife, which fell gracefully into her hand, and raised it up to Vuruh's throat.  Anna's mouth opened in a gasp, but then she remembered that technically elves couldn't die... that way.

"Say anything more, and I will have you banished along with Vidya," Usara hissed under her breath so Anna couldn't hear.  "I'm sure you'd enjoy that."

"I'd rather not," Vuruh said, pushing Usara's hand away forcefully and glaring down at her.

Usara glanced briefly at Anna and turned her attention back to Vuruh.  "Leave the castle," she said.  "You are not allowed to return until I contact you myself."

Vuruh rolled his eyes and began to walk out of the room, but Usara's next sentence stopped him. 

"Anna, go with him," Usara said flatly, and Anna shrugged, following Vuruh uncomfortably.

"She's a b***h," Anna muttered as Vuruh pulled back the drawbridge and walked out onto it, Anna following closely behind.

"Yes, but she has her reasons," Vuruh said quietly, and he took a seat down on the grass. 

"I have some questions for you," Anna said, sitting next to him.  "About... Vidya."

Vuruh raised an eyebrow.  "Vidya?"

"Yes," Anna replied.  "If you don't mind..." 

"It's fine," Vuruh said, shaking his head.  "I just... thought that Usara had told you enough."

"She did," Anna said.  "But... I have a feeling that she may have been lying."

Vuruh whipped his head around.  "You dare to question her?  She is the queen, you know."

"I don't care," Anna said, shrugging her shoulders.  "I don't believe a word that she says, so..."

"But... you should," Vuruh said thickly, and Anna shrugged yet again.

"I don't," Anna replied firmly.  "Now, here's my question... is the dungeon really guarded?"

Vuruh's eyes noticeably widened.  "...Guarded?" he asked inaudibly.

"Yes," Anna said.

Vuruh looked hesitant.  "Well," he began, "...No."

Anna smiled.  "I was right, then," she said.  "Was it ever guarded?"

Vuruh bit his lip.  "Yes."

"By who?" Anna commanded.  This was easy.  Vuruh would tell her anything.

"I am not allowed to say anything more," Vuruh replied sharply.

...Except that.

"Come on!" Anna said.  "No one's listening!"

"You do not know that," Vuruh told her.  "There is surveillance everywhere."

"You mean... video cameras?" Anna asked hopefully.

Vuruh cocked his head to the side.  "No," he responded.  "I met elf surveillance, like spies, I suppose."

"Oh," Anna said.  "But... it's completely deserted out here!  Except for you and I.  I and you.  You and me.  Me and you.  You know?"

Vuruh glared at her.  "I am not allowed to say anything more," he hissed for the last time, and Anna crossed her arms defiantly.

"Fine," she muttered, but when he turned away, she smiled. 

She was going to get Vuruh to tell her something if it took days.





© 2011 נнα∂єи♥


Author's Note

נнα∂єи♥
Ah it sucked! =D new chapter will be up soon, because I made you wait like 2 months. -.-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
LOLOLOL. THAT WAS SO FUNNY.

But first of all: WHAT!?!?! THIS WAS POSTED APRIL FREAKING 2ND!?!?! -.- Grr, I sdhould have checked it, but I forgot. DAMMITALLTOHELL.

ANYWAY, Usara is a b***h. o.o I hate her. Wanting to throw "her", Anna i bet, into the dungeon?!? WHAT. THE. F**K. is wrong with her!? And then Vuruh, when she threatened him with the knife. HOW DARE SHE DO THAT WHEN HE IS SO EPIC!? So...yeah, I hate her. I love the thing about surveillance. ---"Oh," Anna said. "But... it's completely deserted out here! Except for you and I. I and you. You and me. Me and you. You know?"-- it was funny how she kept saying "i and you, me and you" and s**t like that. And the video camera thing was hilarious, too. xD Vuruh is so...vuruh-ish. And I like the comment he made about the usual changes being painful yadayadayada. It was funny. xD

WHYTHEHELL DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG TO POST THIS!?!?! I HAD TO WAIT LIKE...MONTHS. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. D: All you people write so slow. T^T ...not that I have the right to complain. I'm surprised I even remembered anything about this book after so long. When I read Usara's name I had to remind myself that OHSHE'STHEQUEENDUH. :D

SO YEAH. WRITE. NOW.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
LOLOLOL. THAT WAS SO FUNNY.

But first of all: WHAT!?!?! THIS WAS POSTED APRIL FREAKING 2ND!?!?! -.- Grr, I sdhould have checked it, but I forgot. DAMMITALLTOHELL.

ANYWAY, Usara is a b***h. o.o I hate her. Wanting to throw "her", Anna i bet, into the dungeon?!? WHAT. THE. F**K. is wrong with her!? And then Vuruh, when she threatened him with the knife. HOW DARE SHE DO THAT WHEN HE IS SO EPIC!? So...yeah, I hate her. I love the thing about surveillance. ---"Oh," Anna said. "But... it's completely deserted out here! Except for you and I. I and you. You and me. Me and you. You know?"-- it was funny how she kept saying "i and you, me and you" and s**t like that. And the video camera thing was hilarious, too. xD Vuruh is so...vuruh-ish. And I like the comment he made about the usual changes being painful yadayadayada. It was funny. xD

WHYTHEHELL DID IT TAKE YOU SO DAMN LONG TO POST THIS!?!?! I HAD TO WAIT LIKE...MONTHS. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. D: All you people write so slow. T^T ...not that I have the right to complain. I'm surprised I even remembered anything about this book after so long. When I read Usara's name I had to remind myself that OHSHE'STHEQUEENDUH. :D

SO YEAH. WRITE. NOW.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YES. YOU DID MAKE ME WAIT TO LONG. -.- LOL XD

No, it didn't suck. -.- I now detest Usara. -.- She really is like a b***h... -.-

Vuruh is...Hm...Well...IDK hpow to describe him. ^^' Eh heh heh...

I love Anna to. ^^ She's so...HUMAN. lol XD

Write. Plz? I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVERRRRRRRRRRRR! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lol! "You mean, video cameras?" I love Anna. xD My opinion about Usara has definitely changed, because of the whole beginning thing. I can't wait for the next chapter!!! I wanna know what happens. o.e And I loved the last line, y'know, because... I did. o.e

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on April 2, 2011



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..