My final thoughts to you

My final thoughts to you

A Poem by Jhaverty
"

These thoughts are what raced through my mind as I sat there and held your hand as you continued onto the next journey of life.

"

Throughout your life you make connections through family and friends. 

 

I feel that as you make those connections; you share pieces of your soul with those that you encounter. Thus building upon their's. The pieces can be as small as a simple hello to complete and unconditional love. However, when you move on to the next life, I think maybe you have to take those pieces with you, and maybe that's why people feel like there is an empty hole in their heart when a loved one dies? And if that's the case, I can't imagine how the individual who has to pack their bags, collect their things and transition feels. 

 

That's what went through my mind today as I held your hand. And if by some grace you're able to read this, I just want you to know that your family loves you. And that you will be greatly missed. I didn't know you very well. But everyone tells me you were a, "I had knee surgery once. The next day I decided to climb Mt.Everest for fun!" kinda lady. 

 

Just remember what I told you, "I know it must be scary, but you're gonna be ok."

 

Rest In Peace.

© 2014 Jhaverty


Author's Note

Jhaverty
These are my final thoughts to someone I had only met twice in my life. The second time I met her, she was already gone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014
Tags: Heaven, Kindness, Life, Death, Thoughts, Prayers

Author

Jhaverty
Jhaverty

Calgary, Canada



About
Just a regular person who forgot who they truly were, and is now on a journey of rediscovery. Almost everything I write is derived from true events that have happened to me and my friends through.. more..

Writing