Smoke and Alchohol

Smoke and Alchohol

A Story by Jhaverty
"

My interpretation of the fear and abuse someone went through as they lived with an alcoholic

"

As I entered the run down trailer, the smell of alcohol and smoke ripped at my nose. As I looked through the smoky haze, I could see a large figure on all fours making its way slowly towards me. As it lumbered closer I began to pick out small details. A dog. To my relief I was not in any immediate danger. Other creatures followed. Another dog, and a cat. They all seemed frightened, or scared? I couldn't really tell. But what I did know, is that something wasn't right. The air. There was a tension that could not be broken. Farther into the shadows noises could be heard. Cries? No. But distress, defiantly. Animals in tow, I ventured farther into the darkness, seeing if anyone was in need of aid.

 

I had been walking for quite some time. How long? I wasn’t certain. But the stench, it had become almost unbearable. As I attentively stepped around pieces of glass strewn atop the floor, a figure began to emerge from the shadows. It was tall, stood upright, and had two arms and legs. I thought I had finally found someone in this desolate place. Relieved, I ran towards it keeping in mind the glass beneath my feet. To my horror I realized that I had assumed to quickly. What stood before me was no man. What stood before me had grey oily skin, and dark eyes that showed no soul. Not knowing what to do. I stood there, hoping the being hadn't spotted me. As I slowly backed away, the cat that had followed me began to hiss. The creature lunged towards it! And it began to viciously devour the poor animal. In terror; I took this window of opportunity and sprinted back and retraced my steps. But it did not take long for that emissary of hell to consume its first meal. Still hungry for flesh, it began to hunt for its next course. Me.

 

During a brief lapse in concentration, my foot landed onto a shard of glass. Falling to the ground several more pieces hit their targets; my hand, stomach and mouth. As I lay there writhing in pain, the demon began to hone in on me. Fearing this was my end, I desperately clawed at the glass that had implanted itself into my body. Feeling the creatures cold breath on my nape, I was sure my death had come. Then, as if to defend me, the dogs charged at the beast, tearing into its face. As I watched the carnage, I managed to remove the last shard, and bolted for the door. As it opened, the sweet smell of fresh air wrapped itself around my face like a cold, refreshing blanket. I began to wonder what I had come across in that trailer. But wanting no more to do with what had happened; I wiped it from my mind and continued forward.

 

Stumbling around in the dark, I somehow made my way back to the highway. Suffering from severe blood loss; my world soon became a spinning nightmare for which I would have to endure for several hours before I passed out.

 

I came to not knowing where I was. Bright lights and loud beeps hammered at my senses. Nurses soon rushed to my side, and tried to calm me down. Several hours later they explained to me: a young man driving home from work had found me laying in the middle of the road near dead, and that I would have to wait until the next day, when authorities came, to explain what exactly happened to my severely injured body.


As I lay there that night; I could do nothing but think about the events that occurred in that trailer. How that cat had been eaten alive. And how the dogs killed whatever it was to save me. Although there was something that bothered me the most. I never did find the source of the sound that lead me down that hallway to begin with. I only hope that whoever or whatever it was, was able to escape the monster’s grip in time.

© 2014 Jhaverty


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014
Tags: horror, alcoholism, dark, scary, morbid, abuse, fear, zombies, monster

Author

Jhaverty
Jhaverty

Calgary, Canada



About
Just a regular person who forgot who they truly were, and is now on a journey of rediscovery. Almost everything I write is derived from true events that have happened to me and my friends through.. more..

Writing