How to Create Your Unique Writing Style

How to Create Your Unique Writing Style

A Story by JilyM
"

When you pick up a Stephen King book, you can tell straight away that it’s him. The same goes for Ernest Hemingway, J. K. Rowling and whoever else you happen to read.

"

How to Create Your Unique Writing Style


When you pick up a Stephen King book, you can tell straight away that it’s him. The same goes for Ernest Hemingway, J. K. Rowling and whoever else you happen to read. If the covers were torn off and all references to the author’s name were removed, you’d still be able to tell who wrote it.


That’s because these authors have developed their own writing style, and the good news is that you can do the same. It isn’t necessarily easy, but it is rewarding " and it’ll make your writing more enjoyable and more engaging for the people who read it.


Here’s how to get started.


1. Write how you talk


By writing sentences that sound like how you talk instead of like how you’ve been taught to write, you’ll make your writing much more approachable while simultaneously injecting some personality. It works great for writing stories, blog posts or even conversational emails, but be warned that if you’re writing an essay or a formal report then it’s usually better to write in a more formal style " although if you can keep it formal while still writing like how you talk, it’s a decent compromise.


2. Read for inspiration


Stephen King famously said, “If you don’t have the time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” The fact is that every writer is influenced by every other writer that came before them, and while we’re not suggesting that you go out and imitate someone, you need to know what other people are doing so that you can learn from their mistakes and avoid repeating them.


3. Practice by drafting different versions


Stevyn Bond, a professional writer and provider of essay services, suggests “writing different versions of the same paragraph”, whether you’re working on an essay or an email. According to Bond, doing this can help you to rethink your approach to stringing sentences together and help you to explore different ways of saying the same thing. By exploring alternatives and picking your favourite, you start to get a good idea of what works for you and what doesn’t.


4. Use metaphors and similes


Metaphors and similes can bring your writing to life while simultaneously communicating your personality or your background. By relating what you’re writing about to something else, you can convey complex concepts or emotions in a way that’s much more accessible. Just make sure that you don’t overuse them because they’ll start to lose their effect. Focus instead on writing in a way that gets your point across in as few words as possible and then throw in metaphors and similes when you need to create a dramatic effect.


5. Experiment with tones


When we talk about tones, we’re referring to the way in which we say things. For example, ‘hey’, ‘hello’ and ‘good morning’ are all different ways of greeting someone, but the three of them convey dramatically different tones. ‘Good morning’ is more formal and suited to professional settings, while ‘hey’ is better suited for greeting a friend or a family member. By applying that same concept to your writing as a whole, you can decide whether you want to be friendly and approachable, calm and collected or professional and knowledgeable. 


Conclusion


Now that you know how to develop your own writing style, it’s time for you to go out there and to put these tips into practice. The truth is that as soon as you start thinking about it, you’re off to a good start. Stick at it and you’ll have your own recognisable style in no time. Good luck.

© 2017 JilyM


Author's Note

JilyM
Author: Jilly Monroe, writer, and a traveler. Now she works on her book and writes articles for the top writing services.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

https://thenovaclinic.com/services/coolsculpting-in-dubai/





Posted 1 Year Ago


Rajabola merupakan Situs Agen SLOT PULSA Terpercaya Indonesia, yang memberikan Slot Bonus New member terbesar. Menyediakan banyak pilihan game slot online terpercaya saat ini yang pastinya sangat mudah dimainkan.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I find it too risky, thanks for your meaningful

Posted 2 Years Ago


While looking for playing outdoors these days, it was very difficult as most of the children are addicted to smartphones. Addiction to smartphones has come like a big headache for the parents, they need to find a way to grab the childrens attention away from phones and have a healthy habits which benefits their physical and mental health. This is where kids ride on cars has become one of the popular toys among the kids to play and have fun.
The kids electric cars will help to come out and play outdoors due to their look alike real cars making the children more enthusiastic and fascinated to play with those toys. The parents can operate the electric rideons with the help of a remote control and hence the children can enjoy the ride while they are thinking like a real riders sitting in the car and having lots of joy and happiness. However, these toys comes in a bit pricy compared to normal toys which are under a 30 dollars price, while these toys costs close to 100 to 200 pounds in general based on the model and specifications of the car. Check here for best rideons.
While there are high end models like off-road electric cars which are for big kids and come with a battery of 24V making them more powerful and fits perfectly to ride for the age above 8 years old. Thus these kinds of cars are helping the children to move away from the phones and enjoy the outdoors which will help for physical exercise and improve their health as well.
Also there are Licensed kids electric cars in the segments where the big brands like BMW, Ford, Audi, Lamborghini, Mercedes etc type real world cars are being made in a tiny cars which attracts children so much towards these little rideons. Especially girl child can prefer pink color lamborghini cars if they are fascinated about the sports cars and the boys can choose whatever car model they have interest in. Thus you can purchase a good rideon car for your kid and improve their Joy further.

‌https://kidselectriccars.store

Posted 2 Years Ago


This is actually an exceptional review for me. https://www.modelescortsindelhi.com/
I have bookmarked it and I am wanting to research new articles. Continue to do shocking!.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Many of the Fba sellers on the amazon platform struggles to make money due to hiring a wrong agency. In rder to make a profitable FBA Business, you need help of an amazing marketing co amazon ppc agency which can help to grow your brand sales to the next level. An expert agency will have lot of case studies where they have grown the other brands to million dollar sales making them the best among the Industry.

While most of the agencies won’t have any casestudy or else will come up with fake screenshot where they show that they have reduced ACOS and improved the ROAS. To makesure, you are working with a real agency, a real ppc agency will have case studies with video proof from the brand owners where they tell that certain agency has helped them to achieve their results successful and are happy to work with them.

You can always ask certain queries about the agency before you hiring them. First things are the real casestudies and the proofs, second thing is their contract agreement length and terms and conditions of it. Many of the big agencies will lock-in the brands more than 6 months which is not a wise advice and it is always advised to work with on-month or three-month contract agencies which will help to get better data about them within this time period.

Also a good amazon ppc agency will clear explain their strategy and compared your product to those of the competitors and provide tips on how they are going to increase the sales, optimize the listing, budget required and all kind of necessary information which is required to succeed. Thus you can choose wisely an amazon agency which will help your brand to grow its sales.

http://www.amazingmarketingco.com/amazon-ppc-agency

Posted 2 Years Ago


Shocking information and I like to present such a data to my mates and weakness they like it they why I do.

Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.
Delhi Escorts
Delhi Escort
Escorts in Delhi
Escort in Delhi
Escorts Service in Delhi
Escort Service in Delhi
Delhi Escorts Service
Delhi Escort Service
Escorts Service Delhi
Escort Service Delhi
Female Delhi Escorts
Female Delhi Escort
Female Escorts in Delhi
Female Escort in Delhi
Female Escorts Service in Delhi
Female Escort Service in Delhi
Female Delhi Escorts Service
Female Delhi Escort Service
Female Escorts Service Delhi
Female Escort Service Delhi
Delhi Escorts Girls
Delhi Escort Girls
Escorts Girls in Delhi
Escort Girls in Delhi
Escorts Girls Service in Delhi
Escort Girls Service in Delhi
Delhi Escorts Girls Service
Delhi Escort Girls Service
Escorts Girls Service Delhi
Escort Girls Service Delhi
Independent Delhi Escorts
Independent Delhi Escort
Independent Escorts in Delhi
Independent Escort in Delhi
Independent Escorts Service in Delhi
Independent Escort Service in Delhi
Independent Delhi Escorts Service
Independent Delhi Escort Service
Independent Escorts Service Delhi
Independent Escort Service Delhi
Model Delhi Escorts
Model Delhi Escort
Model Escorts in Delhi
Model Escort in Delhi
Model Escorts Service in Delhi
Model Escort Service in Delhi
Model Delhi Escorts Service
Model Delhi Escort Service
Model Escorts Service Delhi
Model Escort Service Delhi
Best Delhi Escorts
Best Delhi Escort
Best Escorts in Delhi
Best Escort in Delhi
Best Escorts Service in Delhi
Best Escort Service in Delhi
Best Delhi Escorts Service
Best Delhi Escort Service
Best Escorts Service Delhi
Best Escort Service Delhi
Delhi Call Girls
Delhi Call Girl
Call Girls in Delhi
Call Girl in Delhi
Call Girls Service in Delhi
Call Girl Service in Delhi
Delhi Call Girls Service
Delhi Call Girl Service
Call Girls Service Delhi
Call Girl Service Delhi
Independent Delhi Call Girls
Independent Delhi Call Girl
Independent Call Girls in Delhi
Independent Call Girl in Delhi
Independent Call Girls Service in Delhi
Independent Call Girl Service in Delhi
Independent Delhi Call Girls Service
Independent Delhi Call Girl Service
Independent Call Girls Service Delhi
Independent Call Girl Service Delhi
Model Delhi Call Girls
Model Delhi Call Girl
Model Call Girls in Delhi
Model Call Girl in Delhi
Model Call Girls Service in Delhi
Model Call Girl Service in Delhi
Model Delhi Call Girls Service
Model Delhi Call Girl Service
Model Call Girls Service Delhi
Model Call Girl Service Delhi
Best Delhi Call Girls
Best Delhi Call Girl
Best Call Girls in Delhi
Best Call Girl in Delhi
Best Call Girls Service in Delhi
Best Call Girl Service in Delhi
Best Delhi Call Girls Service
Best Delhi Call Girl Service
Best Call Girls Service Delhi
Best Call Girl Service Delhi

Posted 2 Years Ago


Ij start canon is a platform for getting the canon printer driver. You can easily download the driver according to your model as ij start canon is designed with a user-friendly interface.
http://www.cijstartcanone.org/


Posted 2 Years Ago


Ij scan utility comes packed with interactive features to ease your scanning for an unmatched experience.It also offers you to incorporate with such third-party applications and software by exporting your scanned items to the required service.
https://istartsetup.com/ij-scan-utility/



Posted 2 Years Ago


Ij scan utility is one of the programs you’ll definitely have to get if you’re using a certain Canon printer or scanner model. It’s one of the official software for image management that you’ll need to use if you’re working with this brand.
ij scan utility | ij scan utility download | ij canon scan utility



Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4627 Views
97 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 26, 2017
Last Updated on September 26, 2017
Tags: writing style

Author

JilyM
JilyM

About
Hi I am Jilly, writer and a traveller. more..