Emotion: Before the Date

Emotion: Before the Date

A Chapter by Jiyuu
"

Lenne gets ready for her date~ Cute little "mini-side-story." I was having writer's block, so yeah. Lenne's POV.

"
I woke up at 9 am with a smile on my face.
'Today's the big day...'
Getting out the bed, I looked at myself in the mirror. Giving myself a huge grin, I went straight to the bathroom to shower and get ready.
...Wait.
I ran back out to investigate my closet.
"I didn't pick out what to wear!!" I yelled. I panicked. "This is a date... how should I dress? Oh, but Sav would like anything I wore, even baggy clothes. But still, it's a DATE! I should dress cute... A dress, maybe? Or a skirt...?"
I stopped. Sigh.
'I need to learn to stop talking to myself.'
I looked through my closet and saw a cute outfit.
"He'll like this," I said.
...
Seriously? Shaking my head, I went to shower. After about 10 minutes, I got out, dried off and put on my outfit. I checked myself out in the mirror.
'Wow... I think Sav'll really like this. I surprised myself with this. Now, what to do with my hair...?'
I scratched my head. So many things I could do... I always have my hair straight. Maybe...?
I looked at my hair. Curls. Perfect! So I got to work. After about 30 minutes of redoing sections of my hair, I looked at the final result.
'It came out really nice! Let's see... a hair accessory! Where is that clip...?'
I looked through my dresser and my eyes locked on a small sea blue box.
"There it is..." I took it out, opened it and grabbed the contents. It was a beautiful sky blue hair clip shaped like a butterfly. It was a gift from Sav. It was my 13th birthday. Here I am, 17, and still kept it after all these years. No way would I let it go, though...
"Lenne!" my mom called. "Breakfast!"
"Coming!!" I answered. I put the clip in my hair and did a little look-over of myself.
'Perfect.'
Grabbing my heels and my bag, I headed downstairs for my mom's yummy food. As soon as I set food in the kitchen, my mom gaped at me.
"Wow, Lenne... never though I'd live to see the day you'd willingly wear a skirt! All of this for Sav?"
I blushed. "We have a date today..."
She grinned. "Well, it's about time! Mary and I were wondering how long you two were going to take before you got together."
I blushed even more. "MOOOM! We're not dating! ...Well, not yet, I guess. It's just a date; it doesn't mean anything."
All she could do was roll her eyes. "Uh huh. Anyway, here's breakfast, honey. Your favorite."
Pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs with strawberries on the side.
'Mom knows best.'
After digging in, I checked the clock. 10:30.
"Ah, stupid time! Go faster!!" I shouted.
"Geez, wanting to go on your love fest so soon, Big Sis?"
Chancelor.
"Haha, Little Bro. I'm just nervous, that's all. What if I screw up?"
He patted me on the head.
"Don't worry, you'll be fine. You're a great Big Sis and you'll be an awesome girlfriend! You and Big Bro are perfect for each other!"
Now THAT made me blush like mad. Me, getting advice from my 8-year-old brother... the world laughs at me now. But really. He hasn't been through much, but if you're feeling nervous or sad, he's the one to talk to. I smiled at him and kissed his forehead.
"Thanks Little Bro. I needed that."
He blushed. "Yeah, yeah. Don't you need to do any last-minute 'freshening up' to do before Sav gets here?"
I gasped. "You're right!"
And so, I bolted up the stairs while my Little Bro just laughed and watched SpongeBob SquarePants. I went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth, put on my lipgloss and add any additional body spray.
'Thank goodness for Victoria's Secret.'
Checking myself out in the mirror again, I glanced at my clock. 10:50.
'10 more minutes.'
I decided to check my Facebook with the time I had left. "A message...?" I asked aloud. I read it.
"Lenne. I got your messages. Do you know how cute you sounded? I was laughing so hard! You can be so adorable, you know that? Ah, well. Our date is tomorrow. Obviously, you're excited. xD I am too. Well, let's hope so, since I asked you out. ^^; Ah, I know you're sleeping right now but I just couldn't help but answer back. You'll see it tomorrow anyway. =] So, um... I can't wait for tomorrow morning. I promise, you won't regret going out with me. I'll take care of you. Consider me the host! Oh, um... sorry. ^^; I'm gonna catch some Z's myself, but... really, Lenne. Thank you for saying yes. I was expecting you to laugh at me or deny my request. I'm seriously happy right now, I'm gonna burst. Oh, way to sound like a love-sick girl, Sav. xD... Well, tomorrow, Lenne. 11. I'll be there. Night. ...I love you. <3"
...
L-love? Did he seriously say 'I love you' in his message? Does he mean as a best friend love, or... THAT kind of love? I blush by the thought.
Ding dong.
"AHH! HE'S HERE!!!" I shout. I give myself a last check in the mirror before I bolt down the stairs. I grab my purse, and open the door.
...
Oh...
My...
Kami.
'Sav...?'
I had never seen that outfit before. Sav was wearing a semi-skin tight hoodie with skinny jeans and black Converse shoes. His hair was all over the place, like always. He wore his signature accessories, a black and red bracelet with spikes and a chained necklace with a key and a locket attached to it. Funny thing is, those were gifts that I gave him for HIS 13th birthday. Go figure. Now, I know the outfit seemed ordinary, but MAN. Did they look good on him...
I noticed how he looked me over too. He was blushing as much as I was.
"You look great, Lenne..." he said, smiling at me.
I blushed. "Y-You too, Sav." 'Damn my studdering!
As we were about to walk out the door, my mom called us.
"Wait, WAIT!!! I WANT A PICTURE!!!"
We looked at each other and sighed.
"Mom," I pouted. "We need to go..."
She pouted back. "But I gave you life, Lenne. The very least you can do for me is let me take a picture."
I was getting a headache. Like Mary, Sav's mom, MY mom loved to play the 'I gave you life' card. It was an undefinable trick used by mothers to let them do what they want to their kids. And let me tell you, it works.
Everytime.
Sav extended his arm out. "Shall we get going?"
I blushed and took it. "Alright."
We walked out the door, looking back at my mom and little brother. They were both giving us thumbs up.
Family... what can you do?
As we were heading to our first destination, I had to think to myself,
'What is he planning...?'
...
Guess I'll find out.


© 2011 Jiyuu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on October 3, 2011
Last Updated on October 11, 2011
Tags: cute, funny, romantic, compassion, SHINee