Love's Misfortune

Love's Misfortune

A Story by Nick M.
"

A journal entry reminiscing the time spent with my girlfriend. A way for me to remember her in her glory when the love was genuine. Also to help me gain closure.

"
Oh You.

You. You. You. How long has it been You? When has it not been You? You've been there from the beginning. You were the first everything. How can life exist without You? You were my all, my everything. The One that took my breathe away. The One with that smile. Oh how You hated your smile. I didn't. It was genuine. It made me happy every time I saw it. Happiness. That's what You gave me. At the beginning there was so much happiness. The pure innocent kind. I cherished those moments the most. We were young and carefree. But back to You. Your stunning eyes. Always smiling at me. That look of love clear as day. I miss that look so much. You were the One.
  
Our first date We played soccer at the park by your dad's place. I couldn't have been more nervous. We started playing and all insecurities went out the door. We were two young high school soccer players about to start an adventure together. And that's what We did. We went strong for about a year. Small bumps but the love was still real and strong. Things were looking great. Then, there was the break up. A life shattering event. Nothing ever is the same once its been broken. The heart''s way of saving itself. How unfortunate. After a period of time, an assumed put out flame rekindled into the hopes of a second chance. That chance turned into a resemblance of that once innocent love. Wounds faded along with the pain that accompanied them. Life was looking good again except fate had history intervene.

© 2015 Nick M.


Author's Note

Nick M.
First of two Entries

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on February 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015
Tags: Closure, love, lost, sad, heartbroken, innocent

Author

Nick M.
Nick M.

Houston, TX



About
Making the most of my journey more..

Writing
Shower Shower

A Poem by Nick M.