Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Prologue: The Flames

Prologue: The Flames

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook

PROLOGUE: The Flames

            “Storm…” Wolverine said as he slowly stood to his feet over Gambit. “Where the hell are you gal!?” Trying to stand his ground, Wolverine’s knees got weak and shook until he fell back down to his hands and knees.

“Logan! Logan can you hear me?” a sound came from Wolverine’s communicator.
“Nightcrawler, is that you?”

“Yes my friend…” Nightcrawler confirmed. “What in God’s name is going on? We are being attacked here in London by fire…creatures. They are nor mutant or human my friend.”

“Yea bub I know.” Wolverine acknowledge. “Its Jeanie. She’s…”

“Jean Grey!?” Nightcrawler shouted. “She’s back?”

“Yeah. She just showed up out of nowhere. The city is destroyed…”

“How bad is it there?” Nightcrawler asked.

“Well... you know how people tell us to go to hell? Well now we don’t have to die to go see what it’s like.”
            “God help us all.”

“You got that right bub.” Wolverine said as he lifted his head to see Jean Grey high in the sky, screeching like a bird.

“Logan… I have a few friends with me here, can we meet up at the Institute?”

“Yeah if I’m not dead by then, but first I have to find everyone.” Wolverine said as he searched around for Rogue, Beast, Jubilee and Storm.

“Alright, I’ll contact you when we get there. May God watch over all of us.”

Not saying anything back, Wolverine stood back to his feet and sniffed in the air as Gambit started to wake.

“Good, you’re not dead Cajun, get up. I need you to find Rogue and Jubilee.”

Stumbling to his feet, Gambit used Wolverine’s shoulder to keep his balance for a moment and then stood on his own as he looked at a city destroyed.

“Oh no…” Gambit said in disbelief.

“Cajun we got no time for sightseeing, get your a*s moving!”

“Yeah… ok… got it.” Gambit said as he looked around and saw Rouge in a burning building knocked out. “ROGUE!” He shouted as he dashed towards her rescue.

Sniffing the air, Wolverine let his nose lead him to Beast who was under broken cement from the street. “Come on fur ball, you’re not giving up on us that easily! Wake up Hank!” As Beast came to, Wolverine stood up and looked around for Storm. “Come on Storm…” He said as he looked around. “Where are you gal?”

“Logan!” Jean’s voice came from the sky above. “Look at your precious X-Men! You all lay before me, defeated.” She said with a sadistic chuckle. “You can’t possibly believe that you can stop me, the powerful almighty Phoenix!”

Looking up at her while balling his fist, Logan gulped air as he knew he had to fight the one he loved more than anyone. “You need to stop this Jeanie. I don’t want to have to kill you.”

“Ha!” Jean laughed. “You kill me? You are too weak hearted to kill me Logan.” She said as he let his eyesight wonder off to his left for a split moment. “Now as for me killing you on the other hand…” She said as she directed her palm towards him. “Well, you’ll soon find out.” As she smiled, she summoned a fireball in front of her palm. Holding it steady and giving it more power, it grew in size as winds picked up.

Standing there on the street, waiting for Phoenix to make her attack, Wolverine noticed that the temperature was becoming cooler. His sweat began to dry on his face and his healing powers finally healed him completely. Blinking twice as he saw a black blur zoom past The Phoenix, Logan summoned his steel claws and readied for battle.

“You shall not touch Logan!” A strong feminine voice spoke from the skies. “Oh great winds, calm the flames of thou and the grounds below!”

“Storm!” Logan shouted as he watched as she raised her arms and casted harsh winds.

Stopping The Phoenix from forming her fireball attach and putting out all the fires in the area, Storm pointed her finger towards The Phoenix and casted a lighting attack, causing Pheonix to scream and crash through an smoking building. “Logan!” She shouted as she quickly lowered herself from the sky and landed in front of him. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah.” He answered. “And you?”
            “I’m fine, the children are as well.”

“I spoke to Nightcrawler a little while ago. We need to meet up with him soon.”

“Alright, where are the others?”

“We are right here girl!” Rogue’s said as she flew towards Storm and Wolverine. “Are you two alright? I saw what you did to our ol firebird friend. Good job gal!”

“Yeah, well that only slowed her down a bit.” Storm warned. “We need to leave from here right now. Phoenix will be coming back soon more mad than usual, and we cannot be here when she does.”

“Agreed…” Beast said as he brushed dirt and concrete off of his shoulders. We need to regroup and rethink strategy, so I stress that we make haste out of here my dear friends.”

Looking over at Jubilee as she wipes blood off of her lower lip, Logan walked over to her and checked on her. “Are you alright kiddo?”
            “Yeah, it’s nothing.”

“Alright people.” Logan said, getting everyone’s attention. “We need to head back to the institute and meet up with ol Nightcrawler. He’s having a hell of a time over in London as well. Jeanie is attacking more than just here at once.”

“H..How!?” Gambit shouted.

“Dunno Cajun, but before we have to deal with Jeanie again, I suggest we stop talking and get the hell outta here.



© 2013 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My friend, I am a huge Marvel and X-Men fan so that is what brought my attention to this piece. I like work like this and I've always thought about doing something like it, so I commend you for taking on the task! Held my attention throughout the whole thing, I thought you captured everyones dialogue pretty well, especially Wolverines. All in all loved the piece and wouldn't mind seeing this particular story continue! Good work man, I look forward to reading some of your other work!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 22, 2013
Last Updated on March 22, 2013


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing