Make it Stop

Make it Stop

A Story by Johnny Westbrook
"

A Story about a boy with no options left.

"

MAKE IT STOP

Written By: Johnny Westbrook


            He sits on the corner of his bed in tears as he listens to the booms from the room next to him. Puzzled and shaken, he closes his eyes to try and calm himself. Thunderous booms and screams from the room next door causes him to jump to his feet and open his eyes.

            “Would you two please stop…” he muttered. “Just… stop it.”

            The screams quickly turns into vicious yelling as his heart pounded harder and harder, then the voices came to a complete stop. Looking at his room door, he wonders what has happen and if it’s finally all over. Taking slow steps toward his door, a tremendous boom shakes the room as screams began to repeat themselves.

            “F**k!” He shouted as he tugged on his hair.

            “Stop! Please! STOP!” Screams begged from outside his room.

            “B***h get your a*s back here!” another voice shouted from outside his room, causing him to shake and panic.

            Hearing another boom and something break, he quickly runs to his closet and go through his shoe boxes only to find comics and magazines.

            “Damn it, where is it!?” he shouted as his eyes searched the room for the box that he had hidden months ago.

            “Somebody help me! PLEASE!” a shout sent throughout the home.

            Putting his hands on the back of his head and trying to focus, he looked down to his study desk noticed the edge of a shoe box slightly sticking from behind it. Running over to the box and opening it, he began to hear gagging from outside his door.

            “You’re… killing… me.” The voice forced their words.

            “I’m coming, he said. I’ll save you mom.”

            Opening the box and looking at a black pistol that he had hidden from everyone he knows, he quickly grabbed it along with the magazine clip. Loading the gun, he notice that the gags had stopped and the noises were now silent.

            “NO!” he shouted as he assumed the worse.

            Running to his door with his gun in his left hand, he opens the door and sees a woman laying down next to a broken table.

            “Oh my god, mom!” he screamed in fear.

            Quickly turning his attention over to the man that was standing next to him, his eyes squinted as he tightly held his gun. “You son of a b***h…” he muttered.

            “Son…” the man said.

            “You… you killed my mom.” He said as his breathing slowed.

            “Son… son put the gun down. Please.” The man asked calmly.

            “DID YOU STOP WHEN SHE BEGGED YOU!?”

            “SON PUT THE GUN DOWN N…”

            “F**K YOU!!!” he shouted, aimed, and pulled the trigger several times until the after the clip was empty.

            Watching his father fall to the floor, he watched as the blood stained the carpet beneath him. Realizing what he has done, he stands in shock, noticing he has just killed his father who laid next to his lifeless mother.

            “Mom, I… I’m…”

            “Police!! Open up now!” An officer shouted from outside the living room door.

            Not responding to the police, the front door starts to boom.

            “Stop making noise…” he muttered as the booms continued as the room shook. “STOP MAKING F*****G NOISE!” he shouted as the police broke down the door and rushed into the scene. “GET THE F**K OUT!” he screamed as he pointed the gun at the police in an panic.

            “Kid put the gun down.” An officer said. “It’s okay, you don’t want to do thi.”

            “F**K YOU!”

            Pulling the trigger, the police hear the click from the gun and reacts with feared return fire.

            “STOP!! STOP!” one of the officers shouted until his fellow comrades stopped. Watching the kid fall to his knees, he rush over to him and drops to his own. Grabbing the boy as he gasped for his last breaths, the officer looked at the beaten mother and father and quickly figured out what had transpired. “It’s okay kiddo. It’s over.” The officer whispered into his ear. “I’m sorry for what has happened.”

            “I…” the boy forced his words. “I couldn't save my mom.” Slowly turning his head toward his mother, he noticed her slightly move, then cough. “M…” he tried to cry out as she slowly opened her eyes and looked at him in the officer’s arms.

            “Son…” she said while coughing. “Oh my god!” She quickly got to her knees as she held her rib cage. “Son, no!”

            Reaching for her son, her son reached back and she held him in her arms.

            “I’m sorry mom.”
            “Its okay baby.”

            “He’s not going to hurt you anymore.” He forced his words. “I made sure of that.” He coughed. “I’m sorry mom.”

            Before she could say anything, his body became heavy on hers and he was now lifeless. Shaking her son to wake him up, she screamed out while bursting out into shears as she begged him to open his eyes. The officers who surrounded the room could only lower their heads in sadness to this tragedy.

 

~THE END~

© 2014 Johnny Westbrook


Author's Note

Johnny Westbrook
Thank you for reading, please review. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my God. That was too tragic, Johnny. And that was way too sad because the boy just tried to save his mom but in the end, he was left killed for doing such thing. Ugh. Sometimes, we do 'illegal' things for others just to keep them safe (even if it has to hurt us). I liked this one. You should write more short stories, man! They all sound so cool. This one was breathtaking, all those booms and shots, just wow. Great work! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Johnny Westbrook

9 Years Ago

Thank you :) Glad you liked this.



Reviews

Oh my God...this story made my heart cry with it...I hate abuse. I hate it from both sides. If the man is abusing the woman or if the woman is abusing the man. The son lost his life protecting his mother. This really showed how loyal her son was to her. He loved her and couldn't stand what his father was doing. No child should ever have to hear that. I enjoyed the read. It made me sad. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh man ... now that's really sad ... why did the hero have to die? You like to pull and sqeeze at heartstrings don't you my friend?

This is a hard read in terms of subject matter, in terms of rhythm and flow, I liked it. Nice and easy to follow, which is what I like when reading. You manage to play with the emotions of the reader which draws them in closer to being a fly on the wall of he unfolding plot. Nice work.

I recently listened to some podcasts about creative writing, easy to listen to and entertaining. I learnt a lot. Here is one link that can perhaps give one a whole lot more perspective when writing a novel ... I am certain that you would find it useful ... :)

http://www.insidecreativewriting.com/media/27-Tenets-of-Fiction-Writing.pdf

lemme know if you want the link to the podcast :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Johnny Westbrook

9 Years Ago

Glad that it touched you and was an easy read. :) also thank you for the podcast. I just listened to.. read more
KWP

9 Years Ago

Ahhh brilliant - I learnt a lot from them - easy to listen to which is a bonus xx
Oh my God. That was too tragic, Johnny. And that was way too sad because the boy just tried to save his mom but in the end, he was left killed for doing such thing. Ugh. Sometimes, we do 'illegal' things for others just to keep them safe (even if it has to hurt us). I liked this one. You should write more short stories, man! They all sound so cool. This one was breathtaking, all those booms and shots, just wow. Great work! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Johnny Westbrook

9 Years Ago

Thank you :) Glad you liked this.
I like the overall message and tragedy of this story as well as which you wrote it in. I would have preferred it if you had left it on a cliff-hanger but, each to their own.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow..this was tragic. There is a good message in this nonetheless. Sometimes the defender becomes the defenseless but they risk their lives anyway knowing it's a risk to protect somebody else. You know I'm always grateful when you don't leave me with a cliffhanger :P .

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Johnny Westbrook

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it :) Your lucky that I couldn't figure out a way to make this a cliffhanger. Just ki.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

751 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 16, 2014

Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..