Chapter II

Chapter II

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook

Chapter II ©

            Climbing out of the empty wooden barrel, the little boy slipped and fell out of the barrel, crashing to the ground face first as his helmet came of. Slowly lifting his face from the ground with a faint moan of pain, he looked up and watched as his helmet rolled over next to Roq’s left leg.

            “Crud, that hurt. So where you want to go?” The boy asked as he slowly got to his feet and dusted the dirt off of his clothes.

            “First, I need water. Then you take me to your old man.”

            “That’s it?” The boy said loudly as he gave a slight chuckle. “This is going to be quick and easy.”

            Bending over and grabbing his helmet, the kid stopped and turned his head towards the sound of glass shattering and people screaming.

            “Wow what was that!?” The boy said as he quickly stood up and rushed to the edge of the building to take a peak and see what all of the commotion was about. “Hey! Guy with the sword!”

            “The name is Roq.”

“What ever, come here!” The boy said as he waved Roq to his position.

Peaking around the corner, Roq’s eyes widen, then squinted with anger as he noticed that all the commotion was surrounding the Appleseed Tavern. Squeezing the hilt of his sword and stepping out to the dirt street, Roq stopped as he herd people scream as a chair shatters a yellow tented window an lands outside on the street.

“Damn it Ogbarg!” Roq shouted as he quickly walked towards the crowd and tavern. Being stopped be an older bald headed gentleman wearing dirty brown rags as clothes, Roq turned his head and looked at him with the will to fight. “What do you want old man.”

“Old!? I’m only 72 years young!”

“Like I said, old.” Roq muttered.

“I herd that, you brat.”

“What do you want?”
            “You can’t go in there. The towns guard and some short fat org is in there fighting.” Stopping and looking towards the tavern as the sound of glass shattering filled his ears once more. “Poor org.”

“I thought the likes of all kinds were accepted here?” Roq asked.

 “That was true, until a large group of orgs attacked last year. The king called them wild orgs, but we all know that there’s more to the story than the king is willing to tell us.” The old man said then spat to the ground.

“So are they going to that the org in as there prisoner?”

“I highly doubt it, most likely they’ll kill him where he stand.”

“Damn it Ogbarg.” Roq muttered as he walked pasted the old man and into the crowed of spectators that barricaded the entrance of the tavern. “Get out my way!” He yelled as he pushed and bumped into everyone in his way. Turning his head to the right and looking towards the edge of the crowd, he spotted someone in a white robe leaning on the side of the tavern looking at him. Stopping for a moment and squinting his eyes to try and see the face better, Roq saw nothing but the shadow from the hood of the robe hiding the mysterious person face.

“Son of a b***h! Ahhhh!” Ogbarg shouted from within the tavern as the sound of metal clashed with metal.

“Ogbarg!”

Becoming desperate to get to his companion’s position, Roq leaned forward and shoulder charged everyone in his way and finally made it inside. Stumbling to the ground and quickly getting back up ready to attack, Roq stopped and watched for a moment as Ogbarg jumped on top of the bar counter and kicked the guard in

the mouth. Making the guard stumble back for a moment, then went back on the attack as he grabbed Ogbarg, punched him, and then threw him to the other side of the room, making him land and roll off of a round oak wooden table. Beginning to walk into the battle, a man with dark brown spiky hair and wearing dark red steel armor bumped Roq from behind then stared him face to face for a moment with intensity building.

“Sir Richards!!” The fighting guard stopped in shock and looked at Richard with shock.

Taking advantage of the guard’s mistake, Ogbarg pushed up from the ground, charged the guard, then jumped into the air delivering a head butt to the temple of the guard’s head, causing the guard to stumble and crash threw an already broken wooden table.

Ready to quickly end the, Sir Richards placed his right hand on the hilt of his sword and took a step towards the org.

“Oh and where do you think you’re going?” Roq asked as the stopped Sir Richards by gripping his right shoulder. “That fight doesn’t concern you, so stay out of it.” Roq said as he received eye contact from Sir Richards.

 “Very well then.” Sir Richards replied as he nodded his head and snatched away from Roq. Slowly taking two steps away from Roq, Richards quickly drew his sword and pointed between the eyes of the half elf and showed no emotion.

            Itching to have another fight with his sword, Roq gladly accepted the challenge as he quickly stepped back and drew his sword and held it to his left side. “What the!?” Roq said as he watched Sir Richards remove his hand from his giant b*****d sword and kept it afloat. “A warrior, knowing magic?” Roq muttered to himself, amazed that the sword sat flat in the air and still pointed between his eyes.

            “Oh you like?” Sir Richards said as Roq’s eyes widened. “Then you’ll love this.” He said as a sadistic smirk slowly appeared. Quickly casting a red aura around his body, Richards quickly placed his right hand over his sword and casted a fireball to the palm of his hand. Turning the palm of his hand over his sword, the sword began to absorb the fireball, changing the silver blade to a burning red as small flames danced around it.

            Already sick of Sir Richards’s tricks, Roq hopped to the side of Richards’s sword and invaded with an attack, but was cut short from Richards’s quickness as Richards grabbed his sword and gave it a swing. Ducking Richards attack, Roq looked up to see that Richards held the sword over his head as he looked down at Roq.

 “This will be quick.” Sir Richards said as he lifted his chin but kept his eyes on his opponent.

“S**t.” Roq muttered then quickly rolled backwards, away from the fire sword.

Casting another fireball with his other hand, Sir Richards quickly pitched it towards Roq as Roq quickly stood up, and hopped to his right. Avoiding the fireball, Roq took a quick glance to his right as he herd someone crashing through another table. Turning his attention back to the front of him, Roq was delivered an shoulder charge to the stomach before he could react. Stumbling backwards and falling to one knee as oxygen left his body, Roq placed his free right hand on his stomach and gasped for air. Quickly getting back getting back to his feet, he was again hit with another shoulder charge to the stomach, this time sending him crashing through the last standing table behind him.

“Get up elf.” Sir Richards muttered. “Make this worth my wild.”

Getting to one knee, Roq began to cough and gasp for more air as he raised his head and watched as Sir Richards swung his sword, sending waves of flames towards his position. Quickly reacting, Roq grabbed a large piece of the broken table and placed it in front of him as his shield as the flames ate the wood and burned it to ash.

Quickly letting go of the burning piece of wood, Roq hopped to his feet and caught Sir Richards rushing in for another shoulder charge. Waiting until Sir Richards got close to him, Roq jump forward and placed both his knees to Sir Richards’s jaw, causing him to stumble back.

“Get me once, shame on you. Get me twice, shame on me. But you’ll never get me a third time you son of a b***h.” Roq said as he smiled and spat towards Sir Richards.

Taking offence to Roq’s lack of respect, Richards dashed in and gave his sword a strong swing. Quickly placing his sword to his right in defense, Roq stopped Richard’s attack as sword clashed with sword. Beginning to sweat from the flames, Roq began to get dizzy from the heat and the pattern of the dancing flames.

“Damn you!!” Roq shouted as he pushed Sir Richards’s sword away from him with his own.

“Humph.” Sir Richards chuckled as he took a step back.

Giving his sword another strong swing as Roq once again blocked his attack, Sir Richards quickly lifted his right foot and delivered a strong kick to Roq’s abdomen, causing him to finally loose all of the breath that he had left.

“Roq!” Ogbarg shouted from the other side of the tavern as he saw his companion fall to his knees. “Get up damn it, and kick his a*s.

Not giving Roq the chance to make it back to his feet, Sir Richards lifted his giant sword high over his own head as the flames grew bigger and angrier. Finally lifting his read up at Sir Richards and seeing triples, Roq listened as Sir Richards spoke deadly words with no emotion.

 “Your friend will join you shortly in the after life. Goodbye.”

Thrusting a downward swing at Roq’s skull, a white barrier quickly surrounded Roq as Richards’s sword was blocked and repelled backwards. Pushed back from the barrier, Richard took two steps back and stopped as he looked back at Roq.

“Who the hell?”

Turning his attention to the left of the barrier, a young lady in a white robe instantly appeared out of nowhere. Wasting no time, Richards charged the mysterious young lady as she balled her left fist and began casting a spell. Advancing on her position, the young lady went down to one knee and held her fist out in front of her as she placed her right on the barrier. “Solar Flare!” She shouted as a bright ball of light instantly filled the tavern, leaving everyone momentary blind.

“Damn it!”

“Sir Richards! Sir Richards!” The guard shouted. “I can’t see!”

 “Calm down Kaz!” Sir Richards said as he closed his eyes tightly shut for a minute then opened them. Finally able to see around the tavern again, he noticed that Roq and the mysterious lady had vanished. “Kaz, close your eyes for a moment.”

Calming down and doing what his commander told him, Kaz opened his eyes and received his vision back.

“Sir?”

“They got away. And with you?”

“I got him he’s right over there.” Kaz pointed to an unconscious org.

“You’ve done well.”

“Very kind words sir.” Kaz said as he slowly nodded. “I’m just glad that I was able to assist you.” Walking over to the unconscious org, Kaz took a deep breath and turned his sights back to his commander. “What are we to do with the org? His highness wants them alive, right?”

“Go get a few of our men and a chariot, and bring them back here to help with the org.” Sir Richards said as he avoided answering Kaz’s question.

 “Yes sir!” Knowing that it’s in his best interest not to ask any more questions and do what his commander ordered, Kaz rushed out of the tavern and cut through the crowd towards his destination.

 



© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Get up elf." Sir Richards muttered. "Make this worth my wild."


Is the wild suppose to be wile?
check out my new chapters!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As I read I become more engulfed in this write.......with each chapter it gets better......it's been such a pleasure getting to read this piece of written artwork.......

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very attention grabbing if I may say so myself.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2008
Last Updated on February 20, 2008


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..