Chapter III

Chapter III

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook

Chapter III ©

            Teleporting into an abandoned shed on the outskirts of the city, Roq looked around the room and saw that the shed was completely empty. Hearing hard footsteps getting closer towards him, Roq spun around and saw the woman in the white robe take a few steps towards his position.

            “You idiot” The woman yelled as she took off the hood of her robe and revealed her long beautiful silky white hair and light brown eyes. “You really thought that you were going to beat that guy didn’t you?”

            “And who the hell are you?” Roq asked as he finally noticed that his companion wasn’t with him. “Where’s Ogbarg?”

            “You mean that org?” She asked with a growing smirk. “He’s on his way to the dungeon, why is he any of your concern…elf?” She asked as her eyes squinted.

“How did you know that I was a…” he paused as she turned around and placed her attention elsewhere. “hey!” Walking over to her and placing his left palm on her right shoulder, she suddenly stopped and slightly turned her head as she looked down at his hand.

Turning her attention back in front of her, she allowed his hand to stay on her shoulder as she casted magic, causing his hand to grow warm, then hot, until a small fire surrounded his entire hand.

Quickly releasing his hand for her shoulder, Roq repeatedly swung and patted his hand with his other until the fire went away.

“You bi…”

“Finish that and I’ll kill you where you stand.” She said as she gave him a violent stare while cutting off his words.

            Angry with her threat, Roq released a violent stare back at her until she turned her head from eye contact.

“So, who are you elf?”
            “Why does it fell like I’m introducing myself every minute today?”

            Waiting for an answer, she placed her attention back on him until he answered her.

            “The name’s Roq.”

            “Roq huh?” She said as she turned her attention to her left and walked over to a window, barricaded with molded black wood, and peeked out of a crack in the molded wood to see what was going on outside. “My name is Luna.” She said, barely loud enough for Roq to hear her words. “That guy you where fighting, you know who he is right?”

“An a*****e.”

“True.” She said as she chuckled. “He’s Sir Richard Creed. He’s one of the king’s four henchmen.”

“So.”

“Idiot. He was about to kill you, you know.”

“Yeah, but you saved me.” He said as he watched her take a quick glance at him. “Why?”

“To help you.”

“I didn’t ask you for your help.”

“Not with that.”

“Not with that? With what then?”

“We’ll know soon enough.”

“So somebody sent you? Who?”

“You know, you ask to many questions?”

“You know it reeks havoc in here?”

Not replying to his comment, she turned her attention back out the barricaded window as she shook her head with annoyance.

“So are you going to tell me where Ogbarg is?”

“I’ve already told you, learn to listen, it’ll do you much good around here.” Luna said with a snappy attitude. “Most likely he’s going to be escorted to the dungeon, awaiting his death tomorrow.”

“I thought that they kill them instantly around here now?”

“Before they kill him, the king will question him. And besides, they will want to behead him in front of a crowd to send a message.”

“A message?”

“To anyone who dares to challenge King Brolly. Or maybe your right, they just might kill him there at the tavern.”

Gripping the hilt of his sword as tightly as he could, Roq began walking over to the door at a fast pase, then turned the door knob and pulled only to figure out that the door was jammed.

“Let me out Luna.”

 “What are you planning on doing?”

“I don’t leave my friends to die.”

“Do you live to protect?”

“What!?”

“Never mind, I’ll find out soon enough. Get some rest, we’ll leave at dawn.”

“Dawn? We?”

“Don’t worry, they won’t kill him anytime soon. I promise you that. Plus I have some business there of my own as well there in the dungeon, and the best time to get inside is at dawn.” Looking out the cracks of the barricaded window, Luna watched as a group of men walked by and dragged Roq’s friend, Ogbarg. “Here your friend comes now.” She said as she gave Roq a hand gesture to gather near her and peak out the window.

Quickly getting to the window, Roq looked out to see that Ogbarg was knocked out could, tied up with a dirty grey rope, and was being dragged through the streets of Navo, towards the dungeon. “Let me out of here right now!” he said while grinding his teeth, ready to kill the men who where dragging his friend.

“Tell me Roq, what will you do with that broken sword, eh?” She asked as Roq looked down at this sword and finally noticed that half of it was cut off during this brawl with Sir Richards.

“Damn it!” He shouted as he slammed his sword to the ground.

“You have any money” Luna asked as Roq turned his attention towards her.”

“Yeah, why?”

“Give it here?”

“Hell no.” Roq chuckled as he placed his attention back out the crack and saw that Ogbarg was now out of his sight.

“Don’t you want new swords?”

“Swords? As in two?”

“No, as in one you idiot. Yes two.”

Getting mad at her comments, Roq snatched his pouch off and whipped it at her face, only for her to easily catch it.

 “No like I said, get some rest, I’ll be back soon.”

“There’s no way your leaving me here, I’m going with you.”

“Get your rest.” She assisted.

“Trust me, you’re not going to win this one.” Roq said with a smirk.

“Alright.” She said as she sighed. “Lets go.”

“So where to?” Roq asked as he walked over to her.

“My brother, he’s specialized in creating weapons.”

 “Can you get me a discount?”

 “Just shut up and hold my hand.” She said as she grabbed his left hand and concentrated on teleporting out of the shed.

Kicking the broken sword and watching as it slid across the room, Roq then let his eyes wonder around his body as he examined a white magic light surrounding him. Having the white light transform into a ball around them, both Roq and Luna teleported out of the abandoned shed, leaving only the broken sword behind on the weak and dirty wooden floor.

 



© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story keeps getting better as I read along...........

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice. Much better!

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What happened to the chapter?

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on February 21, 2008


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..