Chapter V

Chapter V

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook

Chapter V ©

Finally waking and opening his eyes, Roq’s eyesight was a blur and slowly cleared until everything was visible. Sitting up off of a large brown fur skin, Roq slowly placed his right hand on his forehead and found a towel wrapped around his head. Taking it off and looking at the blood on the towel, he remembered Troy delivering a head butt attack earlier.

“Damn it…” Roq softly said to himself as his head began to pound with enormous pain. Looking onward and examining the room he sat in, he slowly turned his stiff neck to his right and saw a small controlled wood fire in the middle of the floor that kept the room nice and warm.

Looking around the smoke of the dancing fire, there he saw a worn out wooden stool and a medium sized table with a dirty black document folder lying on top. Slowly getting to his feet, Roq cracked his neck, causing his stiffness to vanish. Focusing on the document and taking a quick step towards it, he immediately stopped and placed his left hand on his forehead once more as his headache’s pain continued to grow.

“How’s your head?” Luna’s voice came from behind him as he jumped and turned towards her. “Did you forget that I can teleport?” She asked with a smirk and teased him for a mere moment.

“You’re going to kill me with that.” Roq replied as he placed his hand back on his head as he couldn’t take the pain from the headache anymore.

“Here…” Luna said as she handed him a cup with a beverage that appeared to be water. “take this.”

“What is it?”

“Something to get rid of your headache with.”

“How would you know if I had a headache?”

“Because there’s no one alive that can take a blow like that from my brother without getting a severe headache or broken face.”

“That… son of a b***h.” Roq muttered as he took his hand off of his head and grabbed the cup from her and drunk it.

“Give it a few minutes to kick in, it’ll be gone in a while.” She said as she saw a frown grow on his face. “What’s wrong?”

“What…was horrible!” He replied in a louder tone as he quickly gave her back the cup.

“Stop complaining.”

“Oh yeah, where is that b*****d of a brother of yours? Roq asked eagerly, ready to get payback.

“Don’t even think about it, next time he just might kill you. Now I see where that troll gets his attitude from.” She said as she teased him.

“Troll? Your mean Ogbarg… Ogbarg!” Roq shouted as he forgot about his friend for a mere moment. “When are we leaving?” He asked in haste, then stumbled back a few steps and placed his hand back on his head.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be leaving shortly. Plus, I have something for you.”

“My new sword?” Roq asked.

“Maybe…”

“Where is it?” He asked as a faded blue light surrounded her body.

“You’ll just have to wait to see. Oh, and don’t touch that document over there, it is not for you. And get some more rest, I’ll bring you some food and water soon.”

“Luna… wait!” As he took a quick step towards her, Luna disappeared without leaving a trace to where she headed.

Taking a minute to look around the room once more, Roq replaced his attention back on the document that sat on top of the desk and made his way over towards it. Caring less about what Luna told him, Roq reached his left hand out to grab it.

“Huh?”

Watching as a bright yellow light surrounded the document and became a barrier, a ball shot out and hit Roq in the stomach, sending him flying over the fire and across the room into the brick wall.

“Damn it, Luna.” Roq spoke softly with pain as he began to faint and become dizzy. “You and your damn… tricks.” He continued until he fell completely unconscious.



© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Still holding my attention at this point.....the story is very good and I enjoy each chapter more as I read....

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Threw me off guard there. Nicely written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on February 20, 2008


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..