Get us out Alive

Get us out Alive

A Story by Johnny Westbrook
"

This is some of my old (un-edited) 1st person view work.

"

Get Us Out Alive

Written By: Johnny Lee (Spade)

 

Waking up from a much needed long sleep in a peaceful forest away from civilization, I stretched my arms out as I yarned and breathed in the great smell of the forest. As I stood up, the sunlight shined onto my face through the leaves in the trees, blinding me. I then looked up into the light for a moment and watched as six white birds flew through the trees. Finally stepping to my side away from direct sunlight, I turned my head to the left as I suddenly herd a noise from further inside the forest.

"Sounds like a woman humming." I said to myself as I journeyed towards the beautiful sound of humming.

Ducking under branches and stepping over grass and mud, I tried to be as quiet as I could for I won't scare whoever is humming away. As I got closer and closer to the humming, I ran my face into a spider web that was nearly invisible. As I closed my eyes and came to a quick stop, I stepped on a fallen branch and snapped it as it made a loud cracking sound. As I placed my right hand over my face, I then ripped the web off and tried to get it off my hands by smearing it on a close by tree. Continuing on my small journey to find out who was humming, my foot got caught in a small whole and I fell to the ground. My fall must have been kind of loud since the humming stopped. I then picked my face up from out the dirt and looked in front of me just to only see bushes and tall grass patch. As I was about to get up, I then herd more noises, it kind of sounded like faint screams, or faint hums from the other side of the bushes. I slowly and quietly crawled my way closer to the bushes, and then used my hands to open them some for I could see what was on the other side of them.

"Huh?"

I quietly whispered to myself as I looked through the bushes and tall grass.

"Wow." I said as I saw a beautiful young woman with long light blue hair blowing in the wind as she stood on a rock next to a pure clean pond of water with giant trees that grew from within. "She's beautiful." I said quietly as I looked at her dress that looked much more beautiful than a rainbow with all the colors.

I watched her as she smiled and took a step forward as she looked into the sky. As I looked upon her, I continued to wonder why she was out here all alone.

"What the?"

Looking at her, I then saw something on her back that was getting bigger and bigger until they stopped growing.

"Are... are those wings?"

Taking my eyes off of her wings for a moment and looking at her right hand, I saw a light blue light glowing from the palm of her hand, as if she knew some type of magic.

"Is she an angel?"

I wondered to myself as I couldn't take my eyes off of her beauty. Out of nowhere, I then herd quick footsteps rushing closer and closer from the other side of where she stood. As I looked on the land on the other side of the pond, I then saw seven soldiers in armor with swords getting as close to the water as they could. As the man in the middle took an extra step in front of his subordinates, he pointed in her direction and spoke out with a vicious voice.

"Seize that wench!! Kill her if she resists!!"

As two of the men jumped into the water, I looked at her as I saw fright on her face. She then took five steps backwards, turned around, then jumped over the water to land, and ran around in my direction to get on a path. As I then looked back at the men, I saw the remaining five run around the grass to catch up to her as the two from the water tried to cut her off. I looked back at her and saw that her wings were not going back into her. I wondered why they wanted to kill her as I watched as she ran in my direction. Getting closer and closer, the five men that chased after her on land were right behind her. Before she could take another step, one of the five men grabbed her by her left wrist and then pulled her to his body. I stayed were I laid as I watched, not wanting to get involved.

"You little b***h, how dare you reject the prince. You know what the penalty was if you refused to marry him. Death to you and your sorry excuse of a race."

She gave a quick faint scream as she squeezed her and looked at her with a smile.

"Maybe I shouldn't kill you. Maybe I should keep you alive for you can show me and my boys her a.... good time."

He said as he smiled while the other two men finally coming from out of the water. Even though they were close in my direction, no one seemed to see me, so I crawled closer to get a better view.

"Sir?" One of the lower ranking solders said to their superior as I quickly stopped, hoping that he didn't see me.

"What is it!?"

"Why not take her to the toucher room?"

"Not a bad idea, glad I came up with it."

The low rank soldier stood still as I continued to watch. Even though I didn't want to get involved, these guys made me sick to my stomach.

"Were going to have a fun time with you. Lets go!"

The leader of the soldiers shouted as they turned away from my direction and began to walk.

"What the!?"

The leader of the soldiers said as he looked down by his chin.

"HEY YOU!! HULT!!"

They said as they looked at me with my right arm wrapped around their leader's neck in a choke hold.

"Now how did I get myself into this?"

I asked myself. The leader of the soldiers let the young woman go as the rest of them drew their swords. As I watched, the woman ran behind me and I know wondered how in the hell I was going to get us out of this alive.

 

 

THE END

 

© 2011 Johnny Westbrook


Author's Note

Johnny Westbrook
All Reviews are welcomed

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When I began to read it felt like you were having a dream. But when I carried on reading I realised it wasn't a dream. I liked the imagery of the birds and the forest. The picture you bring to my head makes me want to paint a picture of them as I like to paint. This really does draw attention to the reader it gets the reader thinking whats going to happen next. I need to know. When I read about the woman with light blue hair it made me think of the movie avatar I thought it was very imaginative.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Does it always matter if you get out alive. Somethings are simply worth dying for...Even though dying won't be option A or even Option B.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey hey hey...ok that kind of ending worked for your other story but I'm afraid this one has to be continued my friend lol...

Anyways, the minute I started reading this I was pulled into a lovely atmosphere and immediately thought of Adam in the garden of Eden. I just feel like it would have been the kind of surroundings he probably experienced. Now for the other characters, I could picture them all. As you described the woman especially...I did see that beautiful creature, through those colors. I also liked your use of dialogue as well., they helped me to see the sinister captain and obedient soldiers, they also helped me to see the unsuspecting hero...who cannot help his good nature.

Another good write my friend, keep them coming ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMAZING!!!!!! This is so good that it makes you crave for more! This is so easy to picture in my mind, the thrill and heart stopping adventure that lies in this story. Its so amazing it makes me jealous! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I began to read it felt like you were having a dream. But when I carried on reading I realised it wasn't a dream. I liked the imagery of the birds and the forest. The picture you bring to my head makes me want to paint a picture of them as I like to paint. This really does draw attention to the reader it gets the reader thinking whats going to happen next. I need to know. When I read about the woman with light blue hair it made me think of the movie avatar I thought it was very imaginative.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

great story clear as water, hope you have more parts to it

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow This is really good, your use of English is impressive, not too over the top just enough. looking forward to the next install ment.

Blessed be
Fallon

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW...this is a good piece. You obviously have a talent for coming up with interesting and exciting plots. There are a few spelling and grammatical errors, but they're not that important. What is important is that you have an EXCELLENT start to a story that you could expand on. Great job!

Jane

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Still some grammatical and spelling mistakes, but, as always, you weave a good story. Keep going!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now I must know, Is there more? I did enjoy reading this. Then again, I have always had a weak spot when it comes to domsels in distress and their heros.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1518 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on March 17, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..