Time machine

Time machine

A Poem by Joey Martinez

I can’t change the past but the future is in my control. I can’t erase the damage I’ve done the bells have tolled. I was a man with no face, no emotion, no trace. I didn’t exist, mere mist. Now here I am with an identity trying to find my purpose while making amends for my past gestures and mistakes. Through the last two years of my life, the chapters are full of regrets but there’s one that sticks out the most. I am currently paying for the debts of my actions now but it’s an honor to feel the pain for I have not felt a thing during my previous years. You have opened the floodgates but I’ll float along the tides hoping I catch a break. But it appears when I take a step forward I take two steps back. Im at a standstill on how to approach this.. this is all new to me, feelings. It’s hard to contain them when i have been bottling them up for so long. Running free causing havoc but I am trying my best to rally them up and use them wisely. To fix the damage I caused is my top priority but I can hear the echoes in the background telling me to let go.... I can’t. There’s too many emotions invested into you and I just can’t... I’m sorry. I wish I would have felt this way during our first encounter but my selfish desires and foolish ego got in the way. There’s so much more I have to say but I’ll come back to this another day. I figure I’d write some of these thoughts down before your name and face make it’s way across the towns of my brain. It appears I’m failing but for once I am trying.

© 2020 Joey Martinez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. This poem is very substantial, I felt I could relate to this in a big way. I admire how you make it known that you acknowledge and accept your past wrongdoings, and how your trying to move forward instead of continuing backward.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 4, 2020
Last Updated on December 4, 2020

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing