The ring spinner

The ring spinner

A Poem by Joe_VILOT_
"

'Once there was an old man who told a young boy when they met in a park, this. “There is a circle in all our lives which we all must learn to breakthrough if not we will all continue to .....spin...

"

The ring spinner


'Once there was an old man who told a young boy when they met in a park, this.

There is a circle in all our lives which we all must learn to breakthrough if not we will all continue to spin it faster and faster always getting to the same place never fully resting.......”


This young boy's name was Jacqe for short jacqe-miel, or Jacq-a-miel in Prague the loved.

The city it's Complete bustling streets and the town square itself being old almost older then any other part of Prague except for the caves of course.


He loved everything about his country of birth the joy of the natries dancing every year in the traditional sergioev dress around the clock tower and beating the Urka drums with Jaken-wood flutes played by the men of his Homestead who were training to become guardians.


The thought that everything was the way it was meant to be was pervasive all were as content as if this had been as it was of all times.

And so Jacque never questioned this safety and what it would be to be without this net to catch him.


As usual he walked along the streets his parents being inclined to let him wonder knowing that he was safe.


Jacqe knew the old part well, well enough to memorize nearly every cobble on the paved paths the echoes as he made lunging goosesteps spun around and even played leapfrog by himself.

Humming a tune from a carousel which came to the town square every winter.


Whistling a tune he was about to turn back when he glimpsed a glistening of something out the edge of his vision not sure what to make of it he squinted, still not able to make it out clearly he realised it was twinkling from a small alleyway he had spotted before. Surprised he thought a while whether to explore down that way.


While he was wondering as what option to take, this thought popped into his head.


I can go down there, any way Mom and Dad say that this is protected land ; and every intruded has been deterred by the enchantments some of which Father has learned to construct himself.”


The rest to him was already clear though it seemed that his train of thought had been blown into the incoming breeze like so many grains of sand now swirling and tumbling ever climbing and dipping with the thermal currents of air.


He knew he was safe, he also knew there was dangers ever elusive yet he did not fear.

He also carried something very special it was that kept him out of harms way.


It was a scia-Rantheam Amulet having several enchantments 

© 2014 Joe_VILOT_


Author's Note

Joe_VILOT_
for all those who haven't visit'd Prague

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I truly enjoyed what's is written of the ring spinner. However, the line: As usual he walked along the streets his being inclined to let him wonder knowing he was safe. Wonder? do you mean wander? Just a typo. Doesn't matter it had me intrigued. Good writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2014
Last Updated on September 22, 2014
Tags: ring spinner, ...., ?/, ..., oekojfjg

Author

Joe_VILOT_
Joe_VILOT_

London, Pimlico, United Kingdom



About
I have written stories and was engrossed in fantasy and fiction from a young age looking back it was probably if not definitely all those dark novels which gave fruition to my ripe and rife imaginatio.. more..

Writing