Seeking My Sword.

Seeking My Sword.

A Poem by John Phoenix Hutchinson.
"

Metaphysical quest to find my sword. A poem John Phoenix Hutchinson (C)2012..

"


Seeking My Sword

Spirit upon a holy quest,
Tucked firmly inside manly breast.
 Pilgrim burned in experience's fire,
 Escapes slowly, cautiously, deathly  mire

.

A secret self, yearns for a weapon of deliverance........



Many sorrowful paths taken, wrong choices.
False messiahs preached with devil tongued voices.
The way was shut because I would not listen.
In emotional toil, lost love, I christen.



At the lowest point a realization.......



There was something mystical hidden inside.
A path to take, far away from ever so evil tide.
A way of knowledge, imagination, a golden hoard.
Stone entrenched before me a metaphysical sword.



Can I at last rise to the challenge..........



Hand grasps firmly at golden hilt.
Angels surround me with ethereal quilt.
The sun breaks through misty sward.
I raise triumphant with vitality's sword!


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected



© 2012 John Phoenix Hutchinson.


Author's Note

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
I have found my sword and after tears of sadness, at last ones of joy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an excellent poem you have here. Not only does it bring a nice image in mind but its message, hidden through your lovely choice of words, is inspiring. A favorite of mine is your last line for it really brings the image of triumph, of someone raising their sword up high with sweat glistening on his face.

Now that my friend is a beautiful image you have implanted in my mind.

Nice write :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Thank you Katherine it turned out rather well in my mind and I seem to be improving at this poetry l.. read more



Reviews

John your poetry is getting better and better. Your improvement is amazing to say the least. I understand this poem as I think you intended it, in that writing has become that metaphysical sword for you and the imagination inspiration you have found in this dark time has given you a voice, an outlet of light and hope. Well done, I know you face dark days ahead but writing will see you through and beyond. Especially if you keep this wonderful standard up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Enveloping! with crossing roads of choices, to finding your light and life's roost, Really touching!

Posted 10 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

Am honoured you think so Helen. X
Wonderful poem - the uplift. the victory - I really enjoyed the single lines in this as though peering into your mind as you penned this. Almost a poem within a poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)
This is an amazing piece of art. I am sorry it has taken me this long to finally review this; I got caught up with school and my life outside of WC. Anyways, keep writing! You have lots of raw emotion! Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)
Amazingly well written. I love this line: ' Escapes slowly, cautiously, deathly mire'. It just struck me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


great poem.. thanks for sharing x

Posted 11 Years Ago


Actually John ..I see you more as a cloak or cape man..I see swords as pure innocense and few can weild them with impunity..while the cloak allows us to assist unseen and to observe for the lessons..IMHO..Laury

Posted 11 Years Ago


Read this twice, perhaps i should read it again to understand the very tangible battle between self and self. There's a mix of tale and truth in this: basic life versus a mythical 'sword out of the hilt' when men rode to battle for honour and the Lord, rather than possession of lands and their hidden treasures. Directly above, you mention tears of sadness but although your search seems to have been long and terrible, for me the poem is about victory. As said, i should read it again.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

This poem holds more truth to me than tale.....I have been battling between self and self for to lon.. read more
John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

lost = lowest.
Vibrant use of the English language, the words flow with perfect syntax and brilliant metaphors.

It also serves as a testament of rising above and asserting your strength and will to carry on with an immense determination. Just beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

I found my sword @ Writers Cafe :) Its a wonderful place and helped me get published too.
We are new friends and this is the first poem of yours I am reviewing and I am in awe at the similarities we share concerning such a spiritual journey. Your last verse sums up the reason for taking such a journey as we become triumphant with inner strength with the power of the Almighty to guide us! I have also written of my struggles, and journeys into the valley of darkness before discovering the way to be set free. My path to deliverance started with a dream had by my mother, which she shared with me. I don't speak much of it anymore, but the memory of all that happened is still so very, very alive!!!
Your write is powerful, and makes a lasting impression on me! In a way, I can say that I have been there as a weary soul does not quit but becomes strong with resolve to carry on and survive!! Yes, SURVIVE!!!
And, you too have survived!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

I had a dream from my father, read my short poem Embracing Father.
Thanks Sheila.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1663 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012
Tags: sword soul philosophy

Author

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
John Phoenix Hutchinson.

Boot Eskdale, Cumbria, United Kingdom



About
Welcome to my profile. I first came to Writers Cafe when starting out... Now am a published author.... So an acorn was sown here first and then grew... This is my website.... http://www.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Burns Burns

A Poem by Baby Ricochet