The Tears of the Dragons.

The Tears of the Dragons.

A Poem by John Phoenix Hutchinson.
"

A tale of Dragons. A tale of Duality. Two poems for the price of one!

"


The Tears of the Dragons.


Held in the heart of man's woven legends lies,

the magical manifestation of the elemental beast.


The grand vision of flame in flight, sets the mind to

the all encompassing wonder of a Dragon on the wing.


Immortality the foundation of their constellation destiny,

the path forged in a ferocious fire, kindled in tempest's heart.


The unconquerable depths of the emerald windows to their soul,

speak of a hermetical wisdom, a omnipotent warrior prophet.


Preaching the golden way through conflagration's eternal blaze.

Devastation, ruination, the prelude to a rebirth revolution.


A world reborn from cinder dark ashes, the embers charcoal glow,

now fertilized by the Dragons silvered tears, the lost Atlantis grows.


© 2012 John Phoenix Hutchinson.


Author's Note

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
Hopefully this poem can be taken two ways. Firstly a legend of Dragons and secondly as a hermetical truth within man........but I will leave that to the reviewers to decide........I wonder which way you read it the first time???

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is amazing! I'll be honest with you - I saw the picture of the dragon and I started squealing. A dragon poem!!!! Wooo!!!!! But then I read it....and I read it again....and I read it a third time because I don't like even numbers. And then I just sat there. Wow. I felt incredibly childish. You're poem is incredibly deep and I think I might've gotten lost in the sea of the "inner truth of mankind". If you happen to have a rowboat, or even a rubber ducky inner tube..... Where was I? Um....in a roundabout and ridiculous fashion, I'm trying to say good write! I could've just said that outright, but then you wouldn't have gone down to your basement and dug up that inner tube for me. It just struck me how utterly stupid this whole review sounds. I'm sorry. I'll shut up now.

(Pssst!!! It's me again!!! Just wanted to reiterate that I loved, loved, loved, loved, really loved, and totally enjoyed loving your poem :D K, that's it)

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Do you think she loved it???
Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

Yeah I do and if she didnt she sure fooled me.the length and depth of a review says a lot about the .. read more
Chris

11 Years Ago

she came back... and ADDED and added... yeah, I think she "loved" it.



Reviews

I immediately thought of the metaphor with man. Excellent write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)
The poem empowers this legendary beast. It is like time travel to the ancient medieval times and I enjoy this sort of stories much. Magnificent job sir...

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)
I def see the two poems within this you def pulled it off, Cheers

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)
I think of it as a legend of the dragons through man's perception to tell you the truth

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Yes in a way........
deepblue04

11 Years Ago

well, that's what I interpret it as
Dragon heart lovely write full of imagery.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Tried for a Dragon poem with a little something different.
i like how you pick your ideas and topics, you always think out of the box because you are really talented. i like how you always send messages through every poem you write. although most of your poems have information tips or some moral advices, they are nicely written. great work

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Well i try to avoid the normal depressed dark brokenhearted poems if I can, there are so many of tho.. read more
Guess what!!!???? You're featuring this poem so I decided to read and review it again, this time more maturely.

HA!!! Mature!! I made myself laugh!!! Anyway.

Re-reading this, I found a lot of stuff that I missed the first time or that I didn't really get. Not that I get it now, as slow as I am, but I felt the need to point out that I recognized the fact that I'm slow and not that smart. Does this qualify me for any type of prize? Like - just throwing things out here - a giant man-eating slug? No? Fine, then I'll just keep typing.

Good thing I was sitting on the floor when I read this because I fell over. It was like having an epiphany of the truth about mankind (that was on my bucket list, by the way). Wowzers. I thought I'd died and gone to poetry heaven...although I don't think they'd have screaming little kids in poetry heaven. I don't know. Sure hope not. Even having read this poem before, I still got so much out of it!!! Thanks, I owe you one!!!

This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite poems EEEEEVVVVEEEERRRRR on this site :D AMAZING!!!!!

P.S. By the way, this time I brought my own inner tube :D :D :D


Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

I think you should review my poem.........."Her Perfect Breasts".
I believe that the dragon symbol is an element of humanity's collective unconscious, given that virtually every culture has some kind of mythical dragon in their folklore. That said, a dragon is the epitome of awesomeness- it is powerful beyond measure, it can fly, it breaths fire, how cool (hot) is that? Bravo that a dragon is a part of our collective soul! This is a wonderful write, I especially love the the beginning, the second line. I see this poem as a call to remember the dragon- that it is the embodiment of hermetical wisdom, and it is in that remembering when the dragon will once again be reborn in us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

An excellent interpretation.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5879 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on October 23, 2012

Author

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
John Phoenix Hutchinson.

Boot Eskdale, Cumbria, United Kingdom



About
Welcome to my profile. I first came to Writers Cafe when starting out... Now am a published author.... So an acorn was sown here first and then grew... This is my website.... http://www.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..