Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Cute 1

 I was just swimming along when I heard my name being called. "Troy?" It was my dad.
Turning around I caught a glimpse of my tail. It sparkled with deep blue sequin. It glowed from the sun beating on the ocean water. My father swam towards me. His tail was a deeper shade of blue than mine. In his hand was a silver trident. Behind him his long dark hair billowed. Despite his age he had a body of the god he was. His tail pounding powerful strokes. In two short strokes he was in front of me.
"Yea dad."
"You have to go on land."
"Land?"
"Yes. Tealia has a message for you. She wants you to do something for her."
"Why is she on land?"
"She was captured a few nights ago and is now in Crest Aquarium."
"What if I can't find her?"
He laughed and sent huge waves crashing to the surface."Son, You'll find her."
"How long will I have to stay?"
"As long as Tealia needs you."
"Where will I stay?"
"With your mom."
Mom? How I missed her."When do I have to go up."
"Now. Your mother's waiting for you."
"Now?"I didn't even try to hide the surprise in my voice.
"Yes, now go."
Before I could protest he stuck his hand out in front of him and sent me flying away with the wave he sent my way. The wave crashed on the beach and washed up ashore.  The first thought that popped into my head was,My Tail? But when I looked down there was no tail at all. Legs. Legs I haven't seen in along time.I flexed my toes. My next thought was I'm naked. Oh but I wasn't. I had on light blue swimming trunks. My dad had it all figured out. Smart man. Picking myself up, I dusted off my trunks. I turned around to see a woman smiling and waving at me. Mom? Boy did she look different. She once had brown hair now it was blond. She used to be small and thin now ...now she had a little swollen pudge. She wore a light brown, short sun dress with tan strap up sandals. I walked up to her."Mom?
"Are you going to stand there or hug me?"
I threw my arms around her."Mom?" I breathed. She strained against me.
"Can't.........breathe."I let her go.
"What are you trying to do, kill us?"
"Us?"She smiled and patted her belly. 
"Your pregnant?"
"Your father didn't tell you?"She was surprised.
"But how....,''I trailed off thinking.
My mom patted my shoulder."Don't hurt yourself,honey."
"How is that possible?"
"Well the man takes his...."
"Mom."I whined.
"You asked." She said laughing.
"No I mean how is that possible when dad is in there?"I pointed a finger at the ocean.
"Well......A while back your father came up and-"
"Whoa wait he came up here? Why don't I know about this."
"-visited. You want to start the summer off grounded? Interrupt me one more time and you'll be gong to my birthing classes with me."
"Sorry mom."
"Anyway-"She picked up where she left off."-we hadn't seen each other and things went from there."
"And now?"
"Yep."She rubbed her stomach.''Come on." 
We walked into the parking lot. She walked over to a silver mini van. I followed close behind her. She slide in the driver side and I the passenger side. She bagged out of the parking spot and we drove away. Leaving my father and the ocean behind.
                                                      ~
The moment we stepped into the house the air hit me. It felt good. Coolness cooling my skin after a hot drive.
"Remember were your room is.?" She said waddling off to the kitchen. At least I hope it was the kitchen.
"Yea." I walked up the steps. Third door on the right. The last door had a "T" o it for Troy. Walking up to the door I braced myself for whatever was behind door number three. The last time I was here I'd been7 or 8....or 9. The room had been dolled up in Transformers'  robots. Now I'm 17 who knew what was in the room. I opened the door and let it swing with a thud as it hit the wall. The room wasn't bad at all. It was the color of my tail and the walls were painted sea green. The bed was a deep blue and the carpet was a lighter shade of the bed. It reminded me of the ocean. Already the water was calling my name. Despite the distance, with each lap of the waves I heard it. "Troy?"
Ignoring it I went through the closet and dressers. Mom had racked up on clothes and shoes. There was a small computers desk next to the bed. On top sat a blue laptop. Lifting the lid it popped to life. The screen saver was a picture of the beach. Thank you mom. I walked into the bathroom. Flipped on the light and examined my surroundings. Just like the room the bathroom was different shades of blue and reminded me of the ocean. I looked at myself in the mirror. Mint green eyes. Pink lips. Cheeks i took after my mom. Ears hid by shaggy brown hair. I walked out of the bathroom and went down stairs into the kitchen. I found my mom holding a spoon and a bucket of ice cream.
"Mom.I love you.Thanks for everything."
Around a mouthful of ice cream she said,"Your welcome sweety."
I walked over and hugged her again. Only this time breathing in his scent.
She let out a surprised "Oh".
"So what do you feel like tonight? Take out..."She said trailing off.
"What do you guys want."
She smiled.Looked down at her stomach."We want take out.''
"Then take out it is.''
                               ~
We pulled  up at a little Chinese take out place. Inside we ordered. Me- Chicken Fried Rice and mom-Tariyaki Chicken with a side of Chicken Fried Rice. The man handed us a ticket. Mom said something about her feet and went to a table and sat down. After a little over a 10 minute wait a bell dinged and someone yelled,"1019"
"That's us."Mom struggled to get up.
"I got it,mom."I got up and traded the ticket for our food. By the time my mom was up, I was holding the door open waiting for her. We got back in the car and started drive back to the house.
"You want to learn how to drive?"
"I can walk. I like the air." I smiled.
"Whose going to drive me to the hospital and besides soon I'll be to big to fit behind the steering wheel."She sounded offend by her own comment.
"Okay when do we start?"
"Now."She pulled over and we switched seats.
"Why do you guys spring things on me at the last minute?"
"Birth Class."
"Fine. What do I do?"
"Now first things first, guess what these letters mean?" She pointed to a bunch of letters near the arm rest.
"P-R-N-D-L hmm Park,Run,Now,Draw, and Line. Easy." I gloated.
My mom laughed. I don't know why when I had it right."No. Close but wrong. Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, and Low."
Boy did I feel stupid.
"This is the gear shift-" She pointed to a thing above the arm rest."-move the gear shift to drive and ease on the gas."
This was easy. I had this. I moved the gear shift beside the "D" Put my foot on the gas and pulled away from the curb. I looked over at my mom.
"Eyes on the road." I looked back at the street. I couldn't believe I was doing it. I was driving.
"Ease on the break.'' I did. I couldn't believe I knew which one it was.
"Gas." I started driving again and before I knew it I'd gotten us home. Alive and without a ticket. Sweeeeeeetttt. At the door my mom tasseled my hair and said,"Good job kid." I smiled. I couldn't wait to try again. She opened the door and I followed her into the kitchen. I placed the food on the table while mom got plates and forks. Dumping the rice on the plates she smiled to herself.
'You know I used to do this with you. Your father and I. We'd buy a bunch of food and eat it. Well at least I'd eat most of it.' Her voice dropped to barely a whisper.
"It was fun. I wish he was here." She looked off in another direction.
"You miss him?"
'Everyday. Eat up." She handed me a plate filled with rice. I went to the table and sat down.
"You don't want to eat in your room?"
"I forgot what it feels like to eat like a family.'' She smiled. Brought her food to the table and sat down.


© 2011 The Cute 1


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very interesting chapter. I enjoyed reading it. There was A LOT of dialogue though. Make sure you also take time to use a lot of details and descriptions to set the background of the story up. :)
Other than that, this chapter was super good. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw man, chapter 2 is unpublished? dang thats good :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


your descriptions ease people into the story, creating pictures. and their conversations effortlessly, like real life conversations.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I normaly don't read this stuff but i like this story

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on March 6, 2011


Author

The Cute 1
The Cute 1

Memphis, TN



About
My name is Johnisha .And I get my ideas from pictures I LOVE.................................................... glitter-graphics.com glitter-graphics.com more..

Writing
Full Moon Full Moon

A Chapter by The Cute 1