11:47 p.m

11:47 p.m

A Story by Q.
"

For what it's worth.

"

Her eyes were like whiskey, and the closer he got, the more honest he became.



"You needn’t worry about anything more than this. I want it to be known that I’ve had the pleasure of your company, the chance to treat you to an experience only you and I can share. Like you said, no one can take this from us. I know that after midnight we must go our separate ways and though it makes me sad, I am grateful to have had you. Even if it’s just for one night."


She heard the longing in his voice, felt the distance he’s had for as long as he can remember. And with a soft touch to his hand, he knew.

The innocent smile; inviting as it is willing. Her thoughts; the way the night brightened when her eyes gleamed with excitement and passion. Her laughter; silent as a whisper and comforting as it unforgettable. He knew. But she didn’t need that right now. Nor did he.


So with a smile on his eyes, he whispered it when she held him for the last time.


For what it’s worth, you are worth falling in Love with.

© 2015 Q.


Author's Note

Q.
And what a profound feeling it was.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
Added on January 13, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2015
Tags: Evening, night, short, story, crush, happy, laugh, prose, poem

Author

Q.
Q.

San Diego, CA



About
Hey guys! Thank you for taking the time to visit my page! Read, enjoy, and leave any comments in any of work. I value any criticism! OH! Please don't forget to give credit if any of my work .. more..

Writing
Holly Holly

A Story by Q.


Savior Savior

A Story by Q.