Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Johnny_Vedmore

A Fair-Minded Future:
What Would We Be Entitled to if Society Was Really Fair?
by Johnny Vedmore

A. Housing
  • Social Housing:
Entitlement, Actual Housing, 'Affordable Housing' and Housing Monopoly
  • Cheaper Rents:
One Man's Power, Collective Desires and The Enemy
  • Lower Bills:
Our Earth, Our Energy and Ecology

B Pay and Tax
  • Maximum Wage:
Levelling Pay
  • Living Wage:
Slave Wage, Servants Wage and Emancipated Pay
  • Lower Average Tax:
Tax Evasion and Avoidance and More Individual Tax Control
  • Higher Low-end Social Benefits:
Rise of the Poor and Raising Social Status

C. Healthcare and Social Care
  • A Better NHS:
Fighting for the NHS, Establishing a National Care Service and Mental Health.
  • A Working Social Care Programme:
Failing the Needy
  • Free Child Care:
Free Nursery

D. Drug Laws and Rehabilitation
  • Better Treatment for Addiction
Decriminalising Addicts, Health Service and Addiction and Legalise and Tax Marijuana

E. Politics
  • Political Reform
Party Politics, Digital Democracy, House of Lords and House of Commons and More Regional Powers.


Introduction


'Who taught you to hate yourselves?'
A very passionate man once asked that question to a room full of people. Of course Malcolm X was referring to how the White Man had made Black People hate themselves over the many years of slavery and social bondage. A people who were left feeling worthless and unappreciated, left outside of society and often condemned to poverty. Collectively speaking I am sure we are wiser now. So whilst civil rights in America has moved on and ethnicity sits on a fiery back burner, Malcolm X's words should help us understand our own human struggle today. We as humans seem to hate ourselves. We have no respect for just how amazing, and short, life can be, so we trade our time as a worthless commodity. We often work for a wage that is less than a cost of a bare existence and feel lucky when the system takes pity on us and gives us a tiny bit extra on rare occasions. We have lost all self-respect individually and as a society. We fight for positions in unethical companies, we work long hours, we have very little quality family time and yet we continue. Everyday Millions of people in the world get up and go to a job where they should be paid more, where they feel patronised, undervalued and where their ethics, morales and personal beliefs are often compromised, ignored or completely trampled over. .
I truly believe that, as in the Black Civil Rights movement in America, we are today awakening to the fact we have been taught to hate ourselves by the same sort of powerful, bigoted, wealthy white men as the ones who were pulling the strings back then. We are slaves. All of us. We should know better than to accept our shackles. We are given a pittance to live from, options limited by social stature and wealth and we will continue to get poorer whilst the modern aristocracy get wealthier. They run the countries and keep the laws beneficial for themselves, so we work harder and they get richer. This is the slave cycle that we are now fully aware of.
We truly underestimate our power and what collective decision making could do to revolutionise the world. We have spent the past trying to come to terms with ourselves as individuals. We have forever pondered who am I and what is this concious state which is my existence. In studying ourselves we have discovered that we are all one and the same. When we combine, we do not lose the individualism of each member, instead their views become part of the collective thought. What we have as 'Democracy' today is joke. Instead of the collective mind of 60 million breathing humans making decisions we instead have 1000 representatives that we defer decision making to. These representatives don't shadow the opinions of the people they should represent but instead they tow party lines and seek financial reward. This allows for corruption within the political system that leaves us all shocked and bemused, and will do so until we put a stop to it. We, the people, should all have to decide on issues if we want the collective thought to be truly represented. We cannot rely on business men and administrators to make our decisions for us.
The system in front of us is fatally flawed. It is an amalgamation of many separate systems that are all failing, causing a domino effect that can only lead to revolution if change is not adopted soon. We have been educated for many generations now and it's pretty obvious that many humans are awakening to the truth, to the extent of the failures and the majority of people on Earth are now feeling the pain.
I can see the fairer future of our society and I also see how we are being held back from what we are all entitled to achieve, held back by very wealthy and powerful people. These people believe they have a lot to lose, yet if they stood in a poor man's life they would repent their crimes and march for change. We cannot keep allowing monopolies to own peoples lives or the control on energy resources that rapes the land and cost us a bundle in the process. We must realise that we are the stronger force and this Earth is a common treasury for all. We must realise that we are still slaves begging for a servants wage from our masters. We must realise and mobilise the true strength of the common man, to overcome poverty and make a society where people are truly happy and if we fail people of our society, then we as a society needs to make up for those failings and give people another opportunity to have a happy life.
The following is what society should be entitled to. Some things will sound unobtainable but none of them are. I have tried very hard to give solutions for transition and change. These changes could be enacted if our society becomes fairer through real social reform and very big changes in the way we think and live our everyday lives. We need to be a collective, as a collective we will win and we will see true, fundamental and necessary change for the better. We can have a better society, a revolutionary way of thinking about communities and in doing so we will find true emancipation. We must have more respect for our time on Earth. It is a precious commodity, more so than Gold or Silver and we must start looking at our time as invaluable.

So the big question... What would we be entitled to if Society was truly fair?


© 2014 Johnny_Vedmore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on October 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 23, 2014
Tags: Social Reform, Political Reform, Housing, Johnny Vedmore


Author

Johnny_Vedmore
Johnny_Vedmore

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom



About
I am a Poet and Singer/Songwriter, Guitarist and Frontman of Bomb Alaska. I like the truth, it comforts me. more..

Writing