Verge of Insanity

Verge of Insanity

A Chapter by Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
"

Lillith appears in Samantha's life for the first time....

"
Darkness Falls


Samantha lit another cigarette whilst waiting for her husband to come downstairs, staring aimlessly at the already overfull ashtray in the middle of the table. She looked like death, with visibly dark circles around her eyes, evidence of the restless nights consumed by uncontrollable concern for her husband and their marriage, which seemed to be in a downward spiral. Samantha wanted to tell him of the nights she spent awake despite the sleeping pills, stifling back tears, looking blankly at the bedroom walls.

She had spent endless hours analyzing all the different scenarios in her head, trying to see if she could put all the pieces together, but with no luck. As the years past, he just grew more mysterious and became non-responsive to her questions about him. Finally she stopped asking them hoping that one day he would open up to her and reveal everything. Jonathon always found her sleeping heavily in the morning not knowing that exhaustion had driven her eyes to close as the mornings drew in.

Samantha thought Jonathan to be a good man and a great husband, always gentle towards her and never even having a single bad word to say to her. He is always such a caring and passionate person, always putting her needs before his. However, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong. There were just too many things between them ignored and hidden. Gradually though, these things were rising to the surface.

The day had passed and Jonathon watched time tick ever onwards. He had a hard day at work, a harder evening was to follow at home when no-one spoke, then finally going to bed, Jonathan became scared. He awoke startled within an hour or two of lying down. Looking around him, shadows appeared, he had seem them before, over and over again trying desperately to shake the horrid images of that dreadful night that changed his life forever.

Crawling from the bed, he fell to his knees, realizing the time was near once again. The bittersweet taste of crimson liquid lingered in his mouth. That taste was so revolted him. Vomit spewed from him in an attempt to rid his body of all the poison inside. If this had just been the blood he could have survived but this was more.

�She heard me. She is awake� he thought frantically before passing out.

Jonathon was right. The blackened ripped flesh of her hand held his puke stained head. A peircing glowing gaze started eating into his brain. Thoughts that he had once banished from his memory came back again. There was no voice but he felt he was being told to remember who she was and what she wanted. At first he felt a chattering of teeth ringing in his head then came shreaking, screaming hysterical laughter.

Samantha had watched as her husband quite literally fell from the bed. As she became more aware of what was happening she sat transfixed as his body became contorted and lifted from the floor. Her lack of sleep over the months and years upset her view. She questioned what she was seeing as this appeared a dream. Samantha pinched her own skin. There was no pain just a pinkish mark and she wondered if she was going mad. Her mouth opened to scream but no sound came out as her husband threw up a bloody mass. Then suddenly Samantha found a voice, only this wasn't hers and no matter what she tried to do she couldn't end the cries. Jonathan had now fallen to the floor. Whatever had happened was over. Whilst he was very aware of what was going on now, she knew nothing.

Samantha was his one love in life. He also knew that this scared him the most. There was no way he could ever outrun the fate. She must leave before she became harmed. He needed a plan to avoid explaining the unspeakable horror that awaited him with the waning of the moon. That white glow had almost dissipated into the darkness now. They were coming back as they always promised they would. Powers were at their peak and the time had arrived for the conception of the demon son. The seductress of the night knew no limit when it came to what she wanted. Soon the gates of the underworld would open wide and all banished souls of the dead would come out to play. Jonathan shuddered at what was coming. 'Demon son', 'seductress', 'underworld' were words he never wished to hear yet he knew they were going to affect his world again.

That morning the seducing sun failed to ignite either of them. Jonathan had managed to clean up and get himself back to bed. At any moment he thought Samantha would wake and catch him but she was asleep with her back to him or at least he thought she was. Desperately he tried to think of an excuse good enough to make his wife leave for a while but he couldn�t come up one credible reason. Explaining his life to Samantha was out of the question. He had no way to tell what was happening to him without sounding completely crazy. She, though, had already decided to go on her own accord.


© 2008 Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings


Author's Note

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Maybe suffering from a lack of dialogue in this part but we needed a chance to get some pace behind the story so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow, great continuation! though i felt you could've elaborated a bit more on what was going on with Johnathon, i mean what was lillith doing to him? well anyways sad to hear that his one love is leaving, though i think it is for the best. great details and well descriptive. nice job you two.

Sincerly,
Your biggest fan ;)
lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You had just enough here to move the story along, giving us a taste of what is to come.

The bit about Samantha being Jonathan's only love in life adds dramatically to the character and who he is. He knows that Samantha is the only one that hasn't hurt him and desires nothing from him but love in return. His concern for her, wanting her to leave sheds light on the side of him that is human.

Well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

WoW! Sounded like right out of one of the exorcist movies or something lol. Very wierd and malodorous, but very good chapter. To tell u the truth, im not exactly sure why a couple would marry in the first place if there is no good communication in the relationship. Especially if there hasn't been for a long time. Now look at what has happened lol. Ugh, not uncommon. Who knows what they are all in it for these days =/

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

yeah, can't beat dialogue..but I am a Tarantino fan..this works very well though..and I think the scene called for less converasation..and more expository....let's you feel and see the thoughts...

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I don't think it has anything missing with the lacing of dialogue. It just shows that they don't speak and they are drifting apart. Maybe a flashback of what it had been like for them when they were first married could add dimention to the story and the two characters. A great chapter though with lots of discription. Nice job. XX

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Great continuous with the story. Such a heavy story that this piece leaves resting in my head. Imagining the most horrible of things. I truly enjoy when someone can cause my thoughts to be come crowded with thoughts I had not had before i read the piece. Taking my imagination to somewhere I had not thought of venturing myself. You really left a haunting thought in my mind and gave me enough to capture a story on my own.


Well Done!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

I like the interplay of the ordinary and the extraordinary. Knowing what has gone before, we know that nothing good can come of things and that J is doomed sooner or later. This set things up for the stronger chapter that follows it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Some good descriptive writing here. Where did you get a picture of my mom? lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

wow, great continuation! though i felt you could've elaborated a bit more on what was going on with Johnathon, i mean what was lillith doing to him? well anyways sad to hear that his one love is leaving, though i think it is for the best. great details and well descriptive. nice job you two.

Sincerly,
Your biggest fan ;)
lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

I think you said it there hun, but you can always put dialogue in later, somtimes you need to get the plot down before its to late.

keep going i enjoyed this a lot. Dawn

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2008


Author

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings

Both sides of the world



About
Our first story is now complete and we would love any comments so we can determine whether this venture has been successful as a first draft or whether we should go back to the drawing board. .. more..

Writing