Ends and Means

Ends and Means

A Poem by Jonny The Savage

There's a kind of incomparable elegance and beauty to the simplicity of the deepest secrets of the universe. I very rarely see it in this epoch; people are too concerned with ego to even think of keeping pace with Shiva's dance. The Secret of Secrets has always been within man's reach...why does he so rarely grasp it? There are countless explanations. One would say that the average person needs many more incarnations to grasp the meaning and importance of Religion. Another would scoff at you for even daring to assert that there is meaning in life. Perhaps, it's just The Way of it? But I refuse to accept that as the ultimate truth. I also refuse to incarnate again (those Bodhisattva are just masochists with a clever excuse!) It's such a bother to aspire to Bhakti (let alone attain true worship of Isvara!) but each one of us must break the bonds of Karma and free ourselves from the ever-spinning Wheel of Dharma. Why not do it sooner than later? You could plan a jailbreak with your friends! That's my philosophy, you can call me Frater. With Knowledge for my means; but only Love as my ends!

© 2018 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
Ends and Means (1/29/18)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

YOUR PROFILE RELATES WELL WITH YOUR WRITING. THIS IS A PHILOSOPHICAL WORK INSPIRED BY HINDUISM AND BUDDHISM AM I RIGHT?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jonny The Savage

6 Years Ago

haha I guess it does! I wrote that self-description 5 years ago but it's just as true now as it was .. read more
sette

6 Years Ago

ok indeed philosophical but helped us realize a few things. keep on writing.
Intriguing, would realized atman grant me liberation from reincarnation?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jonny The Savage

6 Years Ago

I guess there's only one way to find out! I still haven't gotten through the sections on the Atman i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 30, 2018
Last Updated on January 30, 2018
Tags: Dark Age, Truth, Reality, Esoteric, Kali Yuga, Knowledge, Savage, Philosophy

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing