Cheater, Cheater Pumkin Eater

Cheater, Cheater Pumkin Eater

A Story by Jordan

WE had been dating for over 2 years. I knew i loved her but im not so sure she felt the same.  She would tell me  she loved me but i could see it in her eyes. She didn't want me, she didn't love me.  She would only stay with me beacuse she had no one else. It all started on a late Saturday in September, she was standing in front of a mirror trying to place her broach just right. I was in the livivng room watching t.v.

"Hey, honney? Whatcha doing?" I called, not breaking my gaze from the t.v. I heard her push a drawer shut and walk out into the living room.

"Oh, uh. Im just going out with some...er...friends." She explained, trying to put on a high heel. SHe walked torward me. She kissed me, it was hard, cold. Like she thought i was a toad, and i was never going to turn into her prince. Obiously, not.]

"Okay, need me to do anything? Want me to come with you?" Her eyes grew  wide and she shook her head frantically.

"Oh no! No, no no no no! Please, stay here. I, uh, i love you." She said as she walked out the door. I knew something was up but at that moment, i wasn't to worried about it.

It was about two thirty in the morning, Claire, wasn't home. I got to thinking, where could she be? I decided to call her best friend.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Abbi, Its Peter, Peter Horton. Do you know where Claire its?" I heard a soft groan.

"Peter, its two thirty in the morning, im trying to sleep. I have no idea where she is." Then i listened to the dial tone. I shook my head, angry at Claire. Everytime i called her, she either pushed ignore or turned her phone off. I finally gave up and went to bed.

The next morning  i woke up, to find nothing. Claire hadn't returned home. I stood up an yawned and walked to the living room. I turned on my phone. Claire hadn't called. I threw it across the room. The door opened slowly and there stood Claire. Bright, Shiny and happy.

"Hey sweetie." She said not even bothering an explanation. She walked to the bed room and shut the door. I walked over to her.

"Hey where the  heck  where you last night?" I demanded.

"Uh, with friends, like i said. WE just had a really late night." She flipped open her phone and started texting, not making eye contact. This wasn't the first time she pulled and all nighter with her "friends" there had been many other times an i was gettig sick of it. One night i decided to follow her. While she was out walking the dog i stole her phone. Please don't think bad of me but it had to be done, my relationship with the woman i love was at stake. I went to her inbox. She had been texting three men i had never heard of. Jon Richards, Lewis Nixon and Rick Liebgott. I quietly put the phone back and place.

"Hey." She said as she came in the door. She took her phone and went into the bed room. I stayed in the living room and waited for her to get ready.

"Sweetie im going out again." She said as she put her coat on. She heard me groan as she walked out the door. I hurried over to the window. When she was alittle ways down the street i got in my car and followed. She pulled up to a restaraunt and got out. She kissed a man that was alittle shorter than me then walked inside, holding his hand. I quickly got out and found a table close to them.

The whole time they were flirting, holdng hands, playin footsie. It make my heart break into a million pieces. I got up and went tp my car. I sat there for awhile, holding back tears, I heard her wonderful laugh. She got in her car and left with him. I didn't want to see anymore of this so i drove home.

I was choking bacck tears i didn't  want to come as i packed her things and set them by the door. I paced back and forth all night untill the moment came when she walked into the door.

"Hi honney, whats this?" She asked, kicking the bags gentely. I looked at her dead in the eye.

"They are your things, Were over." I said, with more bravery then i thought i had. She looked calm too. She walked over and slapped me.

"What are you talking about, jerk?" She screamed at me.

"I saw you. with. another. guy. He is the one you truly love isn't he? He is the one you want to spend your time with.  I waqnt nothing to do with you. I don't want to be the fall back guy if this guy dumps you. I don't wan t a girlfriend who tells me she loves me then goes and loves another guy behind my back. I dont want this for me, so go, don't text or call me, and have a happy life." I pushed her (lightly) out the door and fell onto the couch.

I sat there for a while thinking about what love really meant. I guess it just depends on the person, to some people it means "Hump and Dump" them, to other people, like me, it means you want to be with that person untill your very last breath, you cant forget that person even if you wanted to.

10 years later~~~~~~~

I kissed my wife as i headed out the door to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a bug Cubs game with my buddies. My two kids hung on my legs begging me to not go. I leaned down and kissed them on the head.

" I will be back later, i promise guys." I walked out the door and drove. When i got there i went over to a table and talked with my buddies untill a familiar waitress came.

"Can i help you guys?" She said, her gaze stuck on me. I realized that this was CLaire, she didn't have anyone in her life and she was alone. I guess karma came and bit her on the butt because thats exactaly when she deserved.

"Hey, your Peter Horton! Have you forgiven me?" She asked trying to sit on my lap. I got up and looked at my friends.

"I have to go home to my wife and kids." I smiled at Claire and left, never to see her again.

© 2009 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the whole karma theme of this short story. I'm glad such things happen to people like Claire--in fiction, at least. :)
Nice job, I enjoyed reading this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is really good, jordan. i like it. great job! =D
--bells

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2009

Author

Jordan
Jordan

Oz (:, Djibouti



About
Hey im Jordan. Obioiusly i like to write. Im not so good at writing poems or songs...but i love to write stories and books so i hope u like them. I am 15 and i play soccer, track and golf. My best fri.. more..

Writing