Healing and Rebirth

Healing and Rebirth

A Chapter by Jordan



As a phoenix, arising from the ashes, there are times that we too must be reborn. At times, though, the rebirth and healing are painful and take a lot of time. Like the flames that burn the phoenix, leaving only the ash of destruction and pain behind, our pain and suffering can leave us in ash- or curled in a ball, whimpering in pain. And that is not a weakness- it is just having been strong for too long.

Healing and rebirth are part of life and are seasons in our lives. It is how we grow, how we learn, how we become who we are meant to be if we allow it in ourselves and encourage it within others that are hurting, lost, and going through their own healing and rebirth. To fully become who we are, we have to be willing to accept it and cannot let the negativity rule our lives and mar our souls. If we do, then we cannot complete the healing and rebirth. There will be scars, there will be memories, but you smile at yourself and move forward. You are stronger than you were and you will continue to grow. You just have to give yourself time.

People of faith must be willing to help others heal and be reborn. Jesus encouraged this in His teachings and even went so far as to do it. He healed the undesirables, He healed on the Sabbath, and He reached out to those who were in need, providing healing in loving actions. That is what people of faith- especially those as the followers of Christ- must do.

In Christianity, the theme is being reborn a new person. A Pharisee (or perhaps a former Pharisee) asked Jesus if He meant literally being reborn; like crawling back into the womb of their mother and being pushed back into the world. Jesus told him that it was a rebirth of the person's spirit, the person's essence. This is a common theme in many philosophies and religions, as mythology from around the world shows with the phoenix lore. Rebirth is a common theme in religions and philosophies because it is a part of human nature. Through our trials and tribulations, we are made new if we allow ourselves to heal and encourage others to heal as well when they need to.

Far too often, people tear down others because they wish to feel better about themselves, and they kick people down when they are at their lowest, all claiming that they are of this faith or that faith or that they are showing tough love. Tough love is not needed, and it is not the time to give it to someone when they are hurting and trying to move forward. It sets them back farther than anything else. Also, don't just sit there and tell someone that you will pray for them and leave it at that- pray for them, keep them in your thoughts and actually talk to them. Reach out to them, because that could make all of the difference in the world.

The healing and rebirth that is needed is not just needed for individuals but for the world


as a whole. People of different faiths along with people who do not believe in any deity or higher power need to come together and promote healing and rebirth for the world on a large scale. If it can be shown in that manner, it can do so much good by opening doors and allowing light and love to come in. Putting aside differences is the key to all of this because, in the end, they do not matter. What does matter is loving each other, helping one another heal, and helping us all to be reborn.

The nature of healing and rebirth is one of community, love, hope, mercy, compassion, and kindness. As with love, the nature of healing and rebirth is not boastful, rude, or judgmental. All of this has to come together and we as the world's people need to come together. The world follows our example and we need to promote this idea so that so much can be done that is good for us all.

For those of you who are struggling, to quote Albus Dumbledore, “Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” Sometimes, in our fellow humans' darkest times, we have to help them find the light. It is never an easy journey and it is one that takes strength and compassion. It is a journey that must be taken together because we can help each other and we need to.



© 2013 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013
Tags: healing, rebirth, light, dark, Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter, phoenix, religion, mythology


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan