Change of Seasons- Prose Attempt

Change of Seasons- Prose Attempt

A Poem by Jordan
"

Another attempt at prose

"


Walking down the path, the light dims and slowly clouds block out the sun and blue sky. The sounds of the birds and gentle breeze fade into nothing. Silence and darkness reign supreme, making the forest eerie and gray; all color gone and seemingly dead. Journeying down the path further, it becomes darker and emptier.


The silence is louder and deafening. The footfalls cannot be heard and fear descends. Breaths come quickly, harshly, and even those are silent but felt, a blow to the chest, a fist squeezing in the lungs and heart.

Dropping to hands and knees, screaming silently into the nothing, into the darkness, a feeling like drowning in the body and mind.


Suddenly, a bright flash, and deafening roar with the return of sound and color. A deafening and blinding rebirth that is searing in its intensity, a new life and a new beginning.


Breathe deeply, sitting back, then rising, exploring, feeling renewed, reborn and full of life, light, and love. The season of darkness has ended, giving birth to an even brighter season of life.

© 2013 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on November 23, 2013
Last Updated on November 23, 2013
Tags: seasons, death, change, rebirth, change of seasons, spring, life, renewal

Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan