The Nature of Darkness

The Nature of Darkness

A Chapter by Jordan
"

Exploring the nature of darkness and the true effects of it..

"

Many religions and cultures believe that in every person there is light and dark, good and evil. Often, the darkness is a synonymous with evil. But what if darkness isn’t evil or bad? What if it is just another piece of who we are? A piece that helps us to better appreciate our inner light?


The nature of darkness

The nature of darkness is one that can be complex and can be hard to fully understand due to our preconceived notions of what is good and what is evil. The thing is, to understand the nature of darkness, as with the nature of light, we have to cast aside our preconceived ideas of good and evil, light and dark. Just because something is light does not make it good and just because something is dark does not make it evil.

Borrowing from the Christian tradition, the entity that is known as Satan or Lucifer is often said to appear as an angel of light, per 2 Corinthians 11:14.  Many traditions in other religions have evil entities and people appearing as people of light when they are truly evil and full of qualities of what is truly horrible. (again, can you mention some?)

Often, people see darkness or see people dressed in a Goth fashion (black hair, black lipstick, black nail polish- I have heard many times when out and about with a Goth friend of mine the whispers that people say and the looks that are given) and assume they are creepy, wrong, evil, or that they are someone to be avoided.

Your own personal darkness is not something to be feared but understood.

It is something that is needed to provide balance so that we are not completely driven insane by just one half. Yin yang, balance- it is needed. To appreciate the light, to appreciate the healing, the hope, the joy, and the other good things, we need to be able to experience and gain an appreciation for the lessons learned from our darker selves.

The nature of darkness is understanding, seeking, truth, and thankfulness- as stated above, a thankfulness for experiences learned and gained. A thankfulness of experiencing the dark to gain an appreciation of the light and of the goodness.  You can better understand yourself once you face your darkness and once you get beyond your fear.



© 2014 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 2, 2014
Tags: darkness, religion, Christian, struggle, learning, journey


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan