The Nature of Death- An Easter Reflection

The Nature of Death- An Easter Reflection

A Chapter by Jordan
"

Should death be feared or just a look at a continuance of the journey that we are on?

"

The Easter season is upon us and the focus is often resurrection, Easter egg hunts, and spring. One thing that really isn’t looked at, though, is death.

We, as a society, avoid everything to do with death that we can, even trying to fight age. It is desirable in our society to look youthful and alive. Anything less, and it is deemed undesirable. We fear growing old because it means we are approaching death.. and we fear death because it is unknown territory to us.

Life is but a dream.

We all heard the nursery rhyme as children… “Row row row your boat, gently down the stream.. Merrily, merrily.. Life is but a dream.”

What if that is the case? What if life is just a dream? What if, when we pass away from this life, we go on to another plane or we return home to where we were originally?

What if, when we pass away, we awake?

Death and Easter.

People use spring and this Eastertide as a form of celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, if they are Christian, Pagans celebrate the return of the light and the season of fertility, and, if you are nonreligious, it’s generally about spending time with family, enjoying the lovely weather, and having Easter egg hunts. <*DISCLAIMER* If I have missed a religion, I’m sorry. Christianity and Paganism are the two that I have the most knowledge of that celebrate this season. If there are any others, please please feel free to send me a message or let me know in the comments!>

People do not look at the death that had to occur for the rebirth or resurrection to happen. They avoid that like the plague and instead focus on the renewal of life. Which is fine. But death, whether we like it or not, is a part of life, and should take more of a central part in the celebration of this season.

Why?

As with all things, life comes in seasons. With even the most gentle breeze, that season can become another. Death is but a season ending upon this plane and allows us to pass to the next. Perhaps, death is not even a passing way.. but an awakening.

When the resurrection occurs or a rebirth happens, the person or figure is said to be more beautiful and stronger for it. The reason for that is because they have been made new. They have been recreated.

They have awakened from the dream and can now see with sharper eyes and comprehend with clearer intellect.

The Nature of Death.

The nature of death is an awakening, a shedding of the illusion. Death and life are opposites, but go together. Perhaps they are in an ever infinite loop, one bringing the other, on and on and on.

This Eastertide, think on that. Think on the way life is but a dream, the way that death could very well be an awakening. Life is a journey.

 

  • “We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. “
    ABORIGINAL PROVERB


© 2014 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 2, 2014
Tags: Easter, death, resurrection, renewal, spring, understanding, fear, no fear, passing on, passing away


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan