Little Girl & Woman

Little Girl & Woman

A Poem by Jordan
"

Letting my inner child explore during a rainfall and then thunderstorm.

"

Giggling, running around the yard, under the crab apple tree. The rain falls softly, bare feet are wet. Hair is streaming behind and skin is slowly cooling with the touch of the cool water.



Soaking wet as the soft rainfall turns to a downpour, white skirt sticking to legs. Lifting head to the sky, drinking, tasting, desiring the kiss of the rain pouring harshly. The little girl in me wants to play more, but the woman wants to stay still and enjoy the rain upon my skin, upon my hair, and allow it to kiss and touch me as a lover.


 

The little girl wins out and running starts again. Mud puddles abound and, soon, I am dirty and wet. It’s so exciting and freeing to feel the coldness, the wetness and to be a child again, without having to worry about getting in trouble for playing in the mud and rain.



Suddenly, a crack of lighting flashes across the sky. CRASH! Thunder booms and I run to the porch, but still refuse to go inside. Sitting down upon the porch, bare feet tucked under me, I watch the sky light up with the dance of lightning, and listen to the answering, booming song of thunder, enjoying the wild feeling of being a child again, even for a time.

© 2014 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

thats it i wanna be 12 and running in the rain!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nothing wrong with staying in touch with the kid inside… so many people call us crazy when we let go and sing or dance for no reason, I call it loving life. This story gave me a warm feeling inside.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jordan

10 Years Ago

Good! That was its purpose. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 6, 2014
Last Updated on April 6, 2014
Tags: rain, inner child, nature, prose, excitement, childhood, adulthood, revisiting

Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan