The Nature of Beauty

The Nature of Beauty

A Chapter by Jordan
"

A look at what beauty truly is.

"

This is one essay I have struggled to write because, while I could see the beauty in others, I could not see it in myself. I was also unsure that I could do such an open word justice. However, I have come far in my journey since I began toying with this idea, several months ago. 


To many of us, when we think of beauty, we think of flawless complexions, thin toned bodies, or those that are still toned but softly curved. We view extra weight with scrutiny and push ourselves to be supermodel thin. 


For beauty, we equate perfection to beauty. To be beautiful, we have to look perfect and be perfect; perfectly smooth, strech mark free skin, eyes that are wide and youthful, and a bow shaped, pouting mouth. For many of us, that is perfection. That is beauty because, to us, perfection is beauty. 


Recently, I have had Someone (and it's capitalized so he knows who he is) show me otherwise. Perfection isn't beauty- beauty is beauty. Beauty is what is within in- your heart, mind, and soul- not just what is without. And, while beauty can be what's on the outside, the most important make up of beauty is internal. 


This same Someone, upon being asked what his favorite features of mine are, responded, "You mean other than your heart and mind?"


Beauty can be on the outside- a warm smile, a twinkle of laughter in the eyes, the soft, wrinkled cheek of a kindly grandmother, the long, slender fingers of a pianist dancing upon the ivory keys- but it should be searched for on the inside and recognized there. 


You can wax poetic about walking in beauty or the curve of your lover's breasts- but that isn't the nature of beauty. The nature of beauty is, simply, a warm heart, a kind soul, and compassionate nature. This is the beauty that can be seen in the eyes and that doesn't fade. This beauty deepens and becomes richer with age. 



© 2014 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on June 7, 2014
Last Updated on June 7, 2014
Tags: the nature of beauty, nature of, imperfection is beauty, perfection, beauty, the nature of essays


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan