On Confession and Forgiveness

On Confession and Forgiveness

A Chapter by Jordan

Many believer sects have confession with their priests or ministers. However, some of us believe that repenting to God is enough and that we do not need to confess our sins to another human being. Plus, there is something about confessing what we have done in private where only we and God know what takes place, that takes the face that we put up to the world & shatters it, revealing our broken, human selves. That makes us vulnerable to others, and we are taught to not make ourselves that way because of the hurt that can come of it.

But why is confession so important for believers when we have already confessed our sins and received forgiveness? Because of the sickness that is sin being in the world; while we are told not to be OF the world, we are still IN the world. And being in it is enough to for us to have the sickness of sin. Just like most sicknesses, it is contagious. Healing (while slow and gradual) comes through confession, repentance, love, hope, and faith. Confession and forgiveness go together. If you confess your sins, then they are forgiven unto you. As Christ has forgiven us, because we are supposed to walk the walk and talk the talk of what we believe, so should we forgive others that sin against us. While hard to do, we do have to do it because how can you expect to receive forgiveness when you cannot forgive or refuse to forgive?



© 2012 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan