The Birth of WORDS

The Birth of WORDS

A Story by Josh121
"

Something that just came to me. A strange piece about the origin of words

"

Have you ever wondered where words came from or who said the first word? Well I think I have the answer.

 

This is the scenario:

 

Two of the human race's earliest members were sitting around the fire, after a hard day hunting mammoths and those other big hairy animals that lived at the time, with stupid looks plastered on their faces and only the crackling of the fire breaking the silence of the coming night, when one of those intelligent guys had what must have been the first thought in the history of thoughts. He thought to himself, in pictures not words, "Me + mouth moving + sounds + other guys ears=?” To this he gave a grunt of self-questioning.

 

So he did what any early human sitting around in the nude could do, he experimented.

 

Turning to the other guy he tried to move his mouth and make a sound. At first it must have been no more than a gurgling husky sound that escaped his mouth but somewhere along the line it transformed into a word, I don’t know what the word was (maybe it was "I") but he said something, he had just uttered the first awkward start of a conversation.

 

The other human must have thought him gone mad and would most likely have hit him with a rock, making the speaker utter the second word in history "ouch!"

 

Now you should have all seen that as time went on and that early human started to experiment more he would eventually try to teach his "language" to others like him. Eventually he would open the first school. Life as the first genius would have been great but with greatness comes... well in this case alien abduction. Yes the first English professor and creator of words was abducted by aliens, leaving those who were left behind with the foundations of words and leading to the first back stabbing of history (not literally the first because humans back then had a nasty temper and big pointy sticks), the very same early human who had hit our dear professor of English with a rock took claim for this great scientific leap forwards.

 

Some believe that this genius had descendants, due to the *ahem* “frisky” behaviour of early humans it would be very possible he had at least 10. I believe these descendants were blessed with amazing skill with words and are living among us today. Who knows, the aliens might still have that early human pickled away somewhere and we might see him again and you, on the other side of this page, may be one of his descendants.

 

So if a big, hairy, naked guy turns up on your front door claiming to have been abducted by aliens don’t call the cops or slam the door on his ugly face but invite him in, give him some cloths and a cup of coffee, make sure to thank him and ask him what adventures he got up to with the aliens.

© 2012 Josh121


Author's Note

Josh121
Ignore grammar, Spelling, Logic and the craziness which is this story. I would love to know what you think of my random piece of... I dont event know what this thing is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

the concept is great here, but i think this story would have a more interesting feel if instead of it just being a thought to tell the reader, it were actually crafted into some sort of quirky little tale. The first people hunting an animal or if only sitting down in front of one another, maybe explain in more depth what each is doing. Good concept though, and definately worth building on.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I liked the subject because it does make you think..I think ouch..might have been one of the first words..as it is a reaction to an action which we can all relate to..alien abduction however?? hmmm

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


An imaginative mind together with words creates one big idea that is just as fun to read. You did great in this story of yours. I can just imagine you sitting somewhere thinking and this idea suddenly popped out of your mind. It's a fun read and I enjoyed it as much as you may have when you wrote this. Thank you for sharing.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it was awesome! It shows a good creative mind that is willing to expand on the usual boundaries of reality while not quite bordering on fantasy. Good job :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 12, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2012
Previous Versions

Author

Josh121
Josh121

Fingal, Tasmania, Australia



About
Hi, My name is josh. I am 16 years old. I live in a small town in Tasmania,Australia. I love reading and writing. I have written a few short stories and entered in one contest but mainly I woul.. more..

Writing
Blank Pages Blank Pages

A Poem by Josh121


Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Josh121