Chapter 2:Retreated but not defeated

Chapter 2:Retreated but not defeated

A Chapter by Josh Heighton
"

The armies of the world retreat and stand together

"
   As Mason and his men advanced out of the smoke filled mountain top, the enemy seemed to be unaware. The men were few but had a great moral boost after the MG nest was taken out. Slowly, two soldiers scouted the area ahead. Mason knew he had to be smart or else his brothers in arms would pay for it. Time passed and the team slowly made some ground. The team would wait for the signal from the two scouts, then move forward. The road a head was eerie quite. "Wheres all the bots?" One solider spoke up. "Seems like they left in a hurry," Mason claimed as he looked around at the munitions that were left behind. Then it dawned on him. The weather had been cloudy for several days now with no sun light peaking through. "It was the weather." "Aw I see no sun light to fuel them selves." Mason finally knew it was a good time to radio in. The entire team had been in "radio silence" for two days now. "Command this is Alpha platoon 3rd armored division. Were down to just six men and all friendly armor has been destroyed, over." A long pause seemed like hours, where in reality it was minutes. "Copy Alpha. The enemy has retreated in your area. We are sending a wasp to come pick you up. All allied forces are in retreat as well. Link up with your division when you arrive on base. Over and out." "Copy command." Mason motioned the team to move towards a large bridge that connected the main land and the area that was just conquered behind. With a toss a red smoke grenade marked the position were Mason's team sat in wait. Soon a loud buzz could be heard in the distance. The wasp drop ships replaced the transport helicopters. The new aircraft were jet fueled and could hover on the spot. The name came from the shape of the drop ship. It had four wings that speared out, a small cockpit, and a larger boxed body. This aircraft also stung when it hit its targets. Guided missiles, tungsten mini-gun, and free fire rocket pods were all members of the wasp's arsenal. As the wasp landed the team were greeted but one of elite shock troopers. "Glad to see you made." The individual hollered trying to be heard over the buzzing engines. "What do you mean?" Mason wondered why there was such a warm welcome. "Your the only survivors out of your entire assault force." As the men boarded, tired and beaten, Mason could see that they barely got out alive. As if the reality just hit him in the face. Once the others were on board he too sat in one of the seats and strapped him self in. Once landed all Mason wanted to do was sleep. However, the General commanding the retreating forces had other plans. Word was sent that he was to eat, clean up, and be summoned into the officers tactical quarters. He wondered what the General was requesting. Hopefully it was some rest.


   It was not rest that the General was requesting but something crazy in its entirety. "Sergeant you being given a new six man Shock Trooper squad." "Thank you sir." Mason saluted and left the officer building feeling both rewarded and confused. In his hand were the names and traits of the five other team members.

~DELTA~
SGT Mason-squad leader
CPL Jackson-MG
CPL James-Grenadier
PVT Clark-Medic
MCPL Sarson-Sniper
   

  The worst part of the new team was they would have no time to practice. The enemy had dug in on all fronts and forced a retreat on most opposing forces. It would up to Mason to spear head most of the operations. "This should be fun," Mason mumbled to himself. As he prepared to meet his team, he himself made sure that weapons and armor were up to par. Checking his rifle over and over again until satisfied, Mason began walking to the Shock Troopers barracks. The building was bare and to he point of being called run down. Once inside he made his way to Deltas briefing room. Before entering the large steal door, he caught of glimpse of his squad through the glass observation window. Jackson was a very built African American, James was also very fit but was only five foot eight and white, Clark was very young and still had his baby face about him, Sarson was a very slim yet fit white female who also had a pretty face. Mason entered to room. "Morning Delta.I am Sergeant Mason and you new squad leader." None of the team's facial expression changed in the slightest. "I apologize for not getting to know each other before we head out, but duty calls. The enemy has pushed back our major western offensive, and we're being deployed to spear head a counter attack. So suit up and we will be re-engaging the enemy in 2 hours." "Why so soon?" Clark was the first to break the silence. "We need to eliminate the opposing forces and halt any further onslaughts rendered by the Robots." "Roger sir." "Now fall in and get ready." The question was slightly irritating. However, Mason pressed on and began getting ready for the long trial ahead. Hopefully, things would go a lot smoother than the attack that almost wiped out his division.


© 2013 Josh Heighton


Author's Note

Josh Heighton
ignore grammar problems please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on May 20, 2013
Last Updated on May 20, 2013
Tags: conflict, sci-fi, war, battle, chapter


Author

Josh Heighton
Josh Heighton

Canada



About
nothing really to impressive. I am very new to writing online. However, I have been writing short stories since I was a child. Started back writing just recently, after not touching any pieces for abo.. more..

Writing
ONLINE ONLINE

A Poem by Josh Heighton


HUMAN HUMAN

A Poem by Josh Heighton


Alone Alone

A Poem by Josh Heighton