Exaggeration of a Saturday Morning

Exaggeration of a Saturday Morning

A Story by Joshua

One Saturday morning, I hear the rattling sound of the pouring rain. The aroma of my freshly brewed coffee. You can say this is just a perfect Saturday. But as I drink my hot joe, I remember that I have to do chores. But I would not want to ruin my perfect Saturday, so I start doing them. So, I got to clean my grubby room. The utter chaos of it just ticked my obsessive-compulsive state. As I clean the room I hear the soothing music of the Mary Poppins’ soundtrack in my head. The song “Spoonful of Sugar” makes me clean faster because it reminds me of the nostalgia of my mom helping me clean. And in a snap of a finger, the floors are swept, the cabinets are organized, and the garbage is thrown out. It was just the right thing to sate my OCD. And I am back to the kind of hot coffee that I prepared. I take a sip again and as I drink, I remember I got to do my homework for this creative writing subject for school. So spit-and-spot, I returned to doing my unyielding chores. While I am doing my chores, the scorching heat just made it all worse. And yet I prevailed from these chores. And I return to my luke-warm coffee. And the once beautiful sound of the pattering rain has become soft and gentle which is not as amusing as it was. And my once perfect Saturday morning is now a Saturday morning.

© 2019 Joshua


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just wondering if you have writing software that let's you copy and paste directly to 'New Writing'?



Posted 4 Years Ago


Pretty good and can be great with some tighter editing. As The Daisy says, good start! Keep writing!


Posted 4 Years Ago


Joshua

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your review! :)
That was a good start! Keep writing!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 15, 2019
Last Updated on July 15, 2019
Tags: Saturday, imagery, chill, coffee, rain, chores, morning, soundtrack

Author

Joshua
Joshua

Writing
A few of my A few of my

A Poem by Joshua


love sucks love sucks

A Poem by Joshua


Amnesia Amnesia

A Poem by Joshua